Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

K&N Performance Kit....

Old 09-19-2008, 07:11 AM   #1
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
K&N Performance Kit....

I have seen that a few people have the K&N Performance Kit on there Tacos... what does the K&N Performance Kit breakdown too.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:14 AM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
most people are going to dry drop in filters by AFE. If you want a dedicated intake there are many other options.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:21 AM   #3
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Really.. like what.. share your knowledge
Old 09-19-2008, 07:22 AM   #4
Ben_Schwarz_09 is on a distinguished road
Ben_Schwarz_09's Tacoma Gallery
thats a pretty rad color, which one is it?
Old 09-19-2008, 07:25 AM   #5
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
I just installled mine. I notice through butt dyno that it accellerates more readily and has a slighly greater rumble.

In all, I like. Will change to the Pro Dry filter at time of change
Old 09-19-2008, 07:25 AM   #6
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
my preference is the URD, but I have no plans to go offroad. If you plan on going offroad, you'll probably be best off keeping the stock airbox and replacing the stock filter. TRD makes a similar box, but it is expensive. You could search here for intake and find a ton of threads.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:49 AM   #7
Sticks For Troops

Its Magnetic Grey Metallic
Old 09-19-2008, 10:10 AM   #8
Tattoo is on a distinguished road
Tattoo's Tacoma Gallery
I installed the K&N intake on my 07 and did notice a difference in performance. Itís much more responsive and it does seem to be a bit quicker in the 4000 Ė 5000 rpm range.

Happy with the purchase and the install is easy, 45 minutes to an hour and your done.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:14 AM   #9
Sticks For Troops

I guess what I am really asking is what is the kit.. can someone post a link to where i can find it.. is it the K&N CAI
Old 09-19-2008, 12:09 PM   #10
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
i love my K&N and the warranty is great... k&N always delivers in performance and as long as u keep the filter properly oiled or just get a new filter when its time u will be satisfied with the K&N. their customer service is also great as they have sent me gaskets and spacers in the past with out me spending one penny on it with free shipping.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:32 PM   #11
Ben_Schwarz_09 is on a distinguished road
Ben_Schwarz_09's Tacoma Gallery
if you are talking about the AirCharger (pt#63-9025) it is supposted to move the intake farther from the engine, so it gets cooler air (from what i understand it is just like a CIA). But what is better the AFE Pro-Dry S or getting the K&N Air Charger (or the URD for that matter) if you only plan to be going in the 1500-2500 rpm range?

Also Toyota (TRD) alos makes a CIA but i got one prices and it was like $450 not inlcuding instullation.