Notices

Flow master exaust

Old 03-26-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
ICEMAN is on a distinguished road

Navy: Aircrew C-130T Loadmaster
Name: Eric
ICEMAN's Tacoma Gallery
Flow master exaust

Anyone have pics of the Flow master 2005 - 2010 Toyota Tacoma Cat-Back DOS 409S Stainless exaust installed on their truck i am thinking about getting it but would like to see on the truck before hand, also if anyone has any suggestions for an exaust

Old 03-26-2011, 09:13 PM   #2
timallen27 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Weapons Director
Name: Tim
timallen27's Tacoma Gallery
Exhaust changes from 2010 to 2011 ???

I'm curious to see some pics of that too, Iceman.
I have a related question...
I talked to Alex at Flowmaster the other day (real nice guy, very positive experience) and asked him if the 2010 kit will work on the 2011. The short answer is "I don't know." He assured me he'd have it checked into, but meanwhile contact the dealer and ask if the exhaust system had changed from '10-'11. I called the dealer and got a less-than-enthusiastic service guy who said "I don't think so." To say the least, that didn't give me a good 'warm-n-fuzzy' feelin'. So I ask you, my fellow Taco enthusiasts, (whom I should've asked in the first f'in place.) Has anyone put a Flowmaster 50 series American Thunder on an '11? ...or does anyone know if there are any changes to this model year?
Any all related input is welcome and appreciated!
Old 03-26-2011, 09:46 PM   #3
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
I have that exhaust and love it, no complaints from me. It gets a small drone at ~45mph and is just like stock at 50+. I'd recommend it and I wouldn't change a thing. Not too loud but a nice tone. Only thing is, it seems to have some light surface rust on the piping, so I'm not sure how that's going to fare down the road a couple years, but it's nothing bad right now.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:56 AM   #4

ICEMAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
I have that exhaust and love it, no complaints from me. It gets a small drone at ~45mph and is just like stock at 50+. I'd recommend it and I wouldn't change a thing. Not too loud but a nice tone. Only thing is, it seems to have some light surface rust on the piping, so I'm not sure how that's going to fare down the road a couple years, but it's nothing bad right now.
Do you have any pictures of it on your truck Colton?
Old 03-27-2011, 06:59 AM   #5
NathanielG11 is on a distinguished road
Army: US Army Officer
Name: Nate
NathanielG11's Tacoma Gallery
I have a few pics...check my gallery
Old 03-27-2011, 07:02 AM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I've had mine for a couple of years and its holding up okay. Like Colton said, there is some rust but nothing I'm worried about. Here is a picture but its not the greatest but you get the idea.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:12 AM   #7

ICEMAN's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everybody for your replies, Im thinking of also just getting a cutom exaust done. Also WW where did you get your grill I love the lights mounted behind it i know the emblem is FJ right?
Old 03-27-2011, 07:26 AM   #9
Sport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Sport11's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2011 and used the flowmaster dual exhaust. I don't have the stainless steel set-up, just the $350 set.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:32 AM   #10
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEMAN View Post
Thanks everybody for your replies, Im thinking of also just getting a cutom exaust done. Also WW where did you get your grill I love the lights mounted behind it i know the emblem is FJ right?
Its a Satoshi grill...custom made. Do a search and you will find tons of info on them.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #12
Irish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Irish020's Tacoma Gallery
Just got done the install of the Flowmaster system...looks and sounds great!
Old 04-09-2011, 03:24 PM   #13
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEMAN View Post
Anyone have pics of the Flow master 2005 - 2010 Toyota Tacoma Cat-Back DOS 409S Stainless exaust installed on their truck i am thinking about getting it but would like to see on the truck before hand, also if anyone has any suggestions for an exaust

They call that dual exhaust? LOL
Old 04-09-2011, 07:46 PM   #14
Irish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The 4.0 comes off the block with dual headers and cats to a Y that the system connects too....about 6" of single pipe before the Super 50 Flowmaster....
Old 04-09-2011, 08:47 PM   #15
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Flowmaster is the absolute garbage. I can't believe people still invest their hard money into their shitty products.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:22 PM   #17

Andy...I'm waiting for Yamaha Dave's response....
Old 04-13-2011, 05:32 PM   #18
No way, get real
silvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud ofsilvertaco82 has much to be proud of

Name: Mike
silvertaco82's Tacoma Gallery
I had this kit on my 05 and replaced the 50 series muffler with super 44 and it sounded a heck of a lot better! The 50 was a little quiet for my liking

o and kit sounded good and held up pretty well... but it looks like shit if your truck is lifted because you can see the whole system
Old 04-14-2011, 04:59 PM   #19
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertaco82 View Post
I had this kit on my 05 and replaced the 50 series muffler with super 44 and it sounded a heck of a lot better! The 50 was a little quiet for my liking

o and kit sounded good and held up pretty well... but it looks like shit if your truck is lifted because you can see the whole system
I have been really happy with the 50 series but I have also considered upgrading to a 40 series. I'm kind of torn in the decision.

I agree the driver side pipe doesn't look so great underneath, but some black high temp. paint can help hide it.