Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

2007 4cyl OEM Exhaust Sound

Old 05-10-2007, 02:00 PM   #1
EvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EvilBetty's Tacoma Gallery
2007 4cyl OEM Exhaust Sound

Since I have picked up my truck I have been hearing a noise that I do not like.

I have the 2007 2WD, 4CYL, non-Prerunner.

First thing I thought of was the "Tick" issue well documented on this forum. But it's not a tick. 2nd was that I was just hearing the fuel injectors. But again it was not a rhythmic "tick". And it's not wind noise because it only does it under acceleration.

I hear it the same time I hear the lower exhaust sound, but this one is higher pitch, irregular, and more of a whistle.

I had a mechanic friend hop in with me today and lunch and we drove around for about 30 minutes with the windows down... up... through tunnels... by large curbs... in and out of the truck, and he agrees its a secondary noise coming from the exhaust.

I need to find out if this is normal or something that I can take back to Toyota. I will just go test drive another one, but I wanted to see what you guys had to say first.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:55 PM   #2
EvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EvilBetty's Tacoma Gallery
Bump Bump?
Old 05-11-2007, 06:33 AM   #3
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I have pretty much the same truck (I have a 4 cylinder 5 speed PreRunner), and I don't have anything like that. Sorry.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:59 AM   #4
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Though I'm used to it now mine makes a sound like a 4 banger gasping for a better intake and exhaust system. It will just have to keep making that sucking sound until I have the $$ for some parts.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:41 AM   #5
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by spp View Post
Though I'm used to it now mine makes a sound like a 4 banger gasping for a better intake and exhaust system. It will just have to keep making that sucking sound until I have the $$ for some parts.
Do you have a 4 cylinder or a V6?
Old 08-13-2007, 07:31 PM   #6
Johnz is on a distinguished road
Johnz's Tacoma Gallery
Ticking....

I notice the same thing with mine on acceleration. Its like the engine is working extra hard but its an exhaust sound. I have a 2.7 2Wheel also.