Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Happy with MPG

Old 09-21-2008, 04:59 PM   #1
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Happy with MPG

Trip to work: 15 min county road,10 minute interstate,15 minute city
First tank MPG: 19.1
Second tank : 19.6
Going from 32 MPG Accord to 19 mpg:
Doing that while looking good in a Tacoma: PRICELESS

And most of you say the mileage will get better?!?!
Old 09-21-2008, 05:30 PM   #2
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
I have 3700 on my 09 and I am getting 19.8 to 21 on dirt roads and around town very consistantly. My first long trip was at 1100 miles and I drove almost 700 in one day and got 22.8 to 23.1 the entire way driving about 73-75 mph with cruise. Depending on your driving habits and how heavy you let your right foot get as to the mileage. I am about to change my oil to Synthetic and will see if there is any difference....oh and this is all on 87 octane
Old 09-21-2008, 05:52 PM   #3
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdm156 View Post
I have 3700 on my 09 and I am getting 19.8 to 21 on dirt roads and around town very consistantly. My first long trip was at 1100 miles and I drove almost 700 in one day and got 22.8 to 23.1 the entire way driving about 73-75 mph with cruise. Depending on your driving habits and how heavy you let your right foot get as to the mileage. I am about to change my oil to Synthetic and will see if there is any difference....oh and this is all on 87 octane
Right on, great news to hear!I ran 87 on my first two tanks also. I'm driving easy now, and will probably continue the habit...nice to have the power to back me up if I need it.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:54 PM   #4
Quote:
Noticed you have the husky liners fr and rr. Are you happy with them? I may get some before winter.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:59 PM   #5
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
I had the factory Tacoma rubber mats and they are just too short. I am really liking the huskey liners. They cover all the way back on the drivers side and also cover the foot rest as well. I just took them out the other day to clean them...just hosed them off and spayed a little simple green on a rack and wiped them down and clean as new. Was well worth the money imo.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:07 PM   #6
Quote:
I had the factory Tacoma rubber mats and they are just too short. I am really liking the huskey liners. They cover all the way back on the drivers side and also cover the foot rest as well. I just took them out the other day to clean them...just hosed them off and spayed a little simple green on a rack and wiped them down and clean as new. Was well worth the money imo.
I have the factory TRD mats in now. Will they fit on top, or will I need to take the oem mats out first?
Old 09-21-2008, 06:30 PM   #7

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
I took the OEM out otherwise it would be too bulky I think. The huskey liners have a great system on the bottom that holds them in place with the carpet flooring. I figure I will keep the OEM for those days when I am not working and the wife and I are traveling somewhere.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:35 PM   #8
Quote:
I took the OEM out otherwise it would be too bulky I think. The huskey liners have a great system on the bottom that holds them in place with the carpet flooring. I figure I will keep the OEM for those days when I am not working and the wife and I are traveling somewhere.
Excellent, thanks dude, will have them in before the snow flies.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:50 PM   #9

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
Dont blame you there! Good luck with them.