1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Air filter and exhaust

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by sportzman0, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Apr 6, 2011 at 2:50 AM
    sportzman0

sportzman0 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Las Vegas
    Black emblems Tinted Windows Aftermarket Audio System LED Dome Lights Headlights Blacked Out
    so i have a double cab tacoma 2010 looking to put some more torque on it. i was thinking flo master maybe even duals with a k&n air filter. dont know if thats the best match maybe you guys can help me with a better set up. i also like the sound of a k&n sounds like an exhaust but i guess it wouldnt matter if i had an exhaust

and also would it be cheaper to go to shop and buy and have installed or me do it myself. is there any welding needed for exhaust, ive heard for exhaust sometimes is needed

2. Apr 6, 2011 at 3:22 AM
    dep3091

dep3091 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern Inland Empire
    Vehicle:
    White 05 Tacoma 4x4 LongBed
    2.5" Donahoe/Icon Front Coilovers, Icon Rear Reservoirs, K&N Filtercharger, Magnaflow Cat-Back, Bajarack Mule mounted over Bed on Thule Xsporter, Bajarack Dual Fuel/H20 Can holder, All-Pro front bumper w/PIAA Fogs, KC Rallye 800 Pencils, Custom Windshield Crack
    Flowmaster sucks *^&!! They don't breathe well and fall apart if you go over too many bumps...

I've had a great experience with my set-up: Magnaflow single outlet and K&N Filtercharger (Yes you need to be careful with the oil)...Sounds awesome too!

3. Apr 6, 2011 at 1:13 PM
    sportzman0

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Las Vegas
    Black emblems Tinted Windows Aftermarket Audio System LED Dome Lights Headlights Blacked Out
    thank you both for the help. sorry for making your fingers hurt wolfpack lol.
    im just looking to put some more torque on my truck for when im pulling a trailer with quads and eventually a rhino or razor my uncle was telling me.

for the urd cold air which specific one would u recommend and also what about maybe a trd air intake? i hear those are good and will also pull of the fender as the stock does.

i was also looking at magnaflow and borla but which one do u prefer of magnaflow and why is catback so popular and what makes it different

4. Apr 6, 2011 at 1:25 PM
    sportzman0

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Las Vegas
    with the 2 it wont help at all with power? just looking for higher rpms as well for hills and stuff.

5. Apr 6, 2011 at 1:32 PM
    sportzman0

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Las Vegas
    is it true u get better mpg with an exhaust and/or air intake because better air flow?

and what about a banks exhaust? would it be better then going with a magnaflow?

6. Apr 6, 2011 at 1:39 PM
    sportzman0

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Las Vegas
    well dam then i might as well just do some little things to this truck and get another truck for hauling. ok so hauling it out of mind lol :( well at least trying to make power for it lol

so then if i just get an exhaust for crusin should i get a magnaflow i guess thats what is better recommended?

7. Apr 6, 2011 at 1:54 PM
    sportzman0

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Las Vegas
    ok out of magnaflow, borla, gibson, wf, and banks which has the best air flow and most recommended

8. Apr 6, 2011 at 5:55 PM
    sportzman0

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Las Vegas
    ok so i like the sound of a magnaflow. should i go with the catback short of the exhaust that extends all the way to the rear tire. any cons of either?

9. Apr 6, 2011 at 6:02 PM
    sportzman0

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Las Vegas
    ok is there any difference if it extends the full way to the end of the truck or to the front of the rear?

10. Apr 6, 2011 at 6:07 PM
    04LTtacoma

04LTtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    I would suggest the 4" deck plate width a K&N drop in filter and larger diameter intake tube. As for exhaust go with Magnaflow. It depends if you want loud or something quiet. I have a BAmuffler and it's probably the best muffler I have ever owned!

th_video1_0095196d94b51043efdcfa76f8f89486272b101d.jpg

11. Apr 7, 2011 at 2:54 AM
    sportzman0

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Las Vegas
    hey whipper does your banks sound like that in the cab? im not looking for that loud of a sound and is that a catback that stops under that cab? i want to be able to here my music lol

Products Discussed in

To Top