Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Has anybody use Jet programer?

Old 04-14-2011, 11:07 AM   #1
carattini is on a distinguished road
Name: David
carattini's Tacoma Gallery
Has anybody use Jet programer?

I'm thinking of buying one of this to se if it does any good in performance or gas milage as anybody use it? is this any good?

http://www.jegs.com/i/JET+Performanc...67029/10002/-1

Thanks...
Old 04-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Contact Jet and make sure it actually does something for Toyota engines. As far as I know Toyota programming is encoded and not many companies get access to the code.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:00 PM   #3
Thanks I'll do that.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:41 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Jet is Junk. Go with a URD MAF calibrator, on an APR X-1
Old 04-21-2011, 05:15 AM   #5
Thanks..

Sorry for my ignorance but What is a MAF calibrator?

I know MAF is Mas Air Flow wich mesure Volume of air. But never heard of a calibrator.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:28 AM   #6
DSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kerri
DSMissed's Tacoma Gallery
My guess is it 'calibrates' the maf sensor to think less air is coming in, therefore less fuel will be used. Leaning out your engine will likely decrease the life of it though.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:39 AM   #7
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMissed View Post
My guess is it 'calibrates' the maf sensor to think less air is coming in, therefore less fuel will be used. Leaning out your engine will likely decrease the life of it though.
I don't think it only leans the mix. It is a mappable interface that takes the signal from the MAF and allows you to tune it to clean up several different issues and/or use some of the power that the stock ECU doesn't access because of conservative tuning.