Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

HP Mods - Time Performance gains

Old 09-25-2008, 12:55 PM   #1
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Talking HP Mods - Time Performance gains

4.0l is 0-60 in 7.5 seconds according to Motor Trend The 1/4 mile times differ with altitude, humidity etc so when stating your numbers please include location of your "track"

But overall:

What are the actual numbers out there you guys are running?

Intakes have produced gains, any ideas of some true numbers in reducing 1/4 and 0-60 times. URD with calibration sounds like the best product on the market but who has the timeslip.

Exhausts again will produce gains, any ideas of some true numbers.

Intake/Exhaust combos that work well - Which Y -pipe is best

Please do not let this turn into an anti- racing thread. If you want to comment on that please start your own thread. thanks in advance
Old 09-25-2008, 01:03 PM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
when I went to the track, I got a 6.85 second time with my URD intake installed. This was in pretty cool weather though.

I added on the URD MAF calibrator and I finally tested it again and it took 7.65 sec. Maybe my wires aren't correct, or maybe the 50 degree temperature difference is causing the problems.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:27 AM   #3
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
when I went to the track, I got a 6.85 second time with my URD intake installed. This was in pretty cool weather though.

I added on the URD MAF calibrator and I finally tested it again and it took 7.65 sec. Maybe my wires aren't correct, or maybe the 50 degree temperature difference is causing the problems.
Wow quite a difference, what did you run the 1/8 or the 1/4 and times?
Old 09-26-2008, 04:40 PM   #4
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
My last 1/4 time slip. 13.99 @ 101. DA = 2614'. End of June in San Antonio, TX. 0-60mph is an estimated 5.2 seconds (based on 1/8 mile pass).

I'm getting to run the truck again, and hope to come close to the 12 second mark.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:45 PM   #5
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
Wow quite a difference, what did you run the 1/8 or the 1/4 and times?
I have a dashhawk that I use on an empty track that measures 0-60 times. It's not entirely accurate though.