Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Octane booster

Old 09-26-2008, 07:12 PM   #1
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Octane booster

Okay, guys got a question. im sure that your all aware of the gas crisis down here in the South east. I had to wait in line for an our just to get half a tank of gas. So my question was, could i just go to a Autozone and buy a bunch of octane booster to run in my tank along with whatever little fuel i have. i mean this is only in extreme measures, but im afraid i might have to do something.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:15 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
Okay, guys got a question. im sure that your all aware of the gas crisis down here in the South east. I had to wait in line for an our just to get half a tank of gas. So my question was, could i just go to a Autozone and buy a bunch of octane booster to run in my tank along with whatever little fuel i have. i mean this is only in extreme measures, but im afraid i might have to do something.
i wouldnt do that if i were you man......too much of that bs additive can kill your catalytic converters and o2 sensors. just wait for some gas and conserve as best you can........all us here in the southeast are feeling it man.

i waited in line today for 45 minutes for a little gas, and its the only place here that has any right now!!
Old 09-26-2008, 07:17 PM   #3
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

oh. good thing i didn't do it. Thanks Will. I didnt know it could srew with your o2 sensors and cats.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:21 PM   #4
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
oh. good thing i didn't do it. Thanks Will. I didnt know it could srew with your o2 sensors and cats.
yeah man, they can really screw some stuff up man if you use too much of it. dont wanna see your truck getting messed up because of the way the gas situation is around here.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:23 PM   #5
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Considering the fuel shortage, I hope none of you are experiencing any theft. If not, may want to keep a watch out.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtrd103 View Post
gas is really that bad down there!!!!
it is man.....friggin fights everywhere, and barely any gas available....gotta sit in line and keep jackasses from trying to cut in line!!! its havoc man!!
Old 09-26-2008, 07:28 PM   #8

oh yeah man. I mean they are just now starting to send gas tankers out here. Charlotte just got a hell of alot of fuel today. But last night everyone in town was out of fuel. i found one station and everyone and their brother was in line. So about a hour later, i finally got about a half of tank. Most places are even limiting to like 40$ and 35$. It sucks.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
it is man.....friggin fights everywhere, and barely any gas available....gotta sit in line and keep jackasses from trying to cut in line!!! its havoc man!!
Will, whats a gallon run ya down in SC
Old 09-26-2008, 07:30 PM   #10
mrtrd103 will become famous soon enoughmrtrd103 will become famous soon enough

mrtrd103's Tacoma Gallery
wooooow i thought i had it bad here with gas prices u guys actually have gas shortage how much do u pay down there for each pump
Old 09-26-2008, 07:32 PM   #11

well its about 3.89 a gallon down here. But i heard on good morning america that gas is like 3.68 for a national average. I only run about 20$ at each fill up. Aint no sense in topping off right now
Old 09-26-2008, 07:37 PM   #12

wow is that for 93 top good gas because ours is 3.73 for shell and i only pump shell i really feel bad for all u toyota truck guys out there
Old 09-26-2008, 07:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Will, whats a gallon run ya down in SC
today, when i got gas....regular was $3.99 a gallon, and mid,which i got,was $4.09.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:41 PM   #14

Quote:
wow is that for 93 top good gas because ours is 3.73 for shell and i only pump shell i really feel bad for all u toyota truck guys out there
Nah man. 3.89 is for regular unleaded. I cant even think about runing premium right now.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:42 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
today, when i got gas....regular was $3.99 a gallon, and mid,which i got,was $4.09.
Wow. were about ten cents cheaper up here. for regular
Old 09-26-2008, 07:44 PM   #16

Quote:
Wow. were about ten cents cheaper up here. for regular
yeah, and the place i had to get gas isnt really that great of a gas station, so im figuring that the gas wasnt all that great either. hopefully.......sunoco will have gas soon and i'll be getting it from there as always.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:46 PM   #17

woooow seriosly i really feal bad for u guys that really does sux are cheap gas is like 3.40 around there has gas make u guys want smaller cars i hope not
Old 09-26-2008, 07:47 PM   #18

nah man im still stickin with my taco. For better or worse
Old 09-26-2008, 07:49 PM   #19

Quote:
woooow seriosly i really feal bad for u guys that really does sux are cheap gas is like 3.40 around there has gas make u guys want smaller cars i hope not
i dont care how high gas prices are, i'll never get rid of my truck because of high gas prices....if they get that bad, thats why the wife and i have a honda accord 4cyl also....its great on gas!!!
Old 09-26-2008, 07:51 PM   #20

+1