Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Programmer/Chips and their monitors.

Old 04-20-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
Taylor1993 is on a distinguished road
Name: Taylor
Taylor1993's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Programmer/Chips and their monitors.

Does anyone have any pictures of what the monitor for programmers/ chips like the unichip, urd maf calibrator, apr x-1?

My friend has an F-150 with an edge programmer and the monitor just came with a dash insert that sits to the left of his steering wheel.
Just curious to what they look like.
Considering getting one. I have a Trd cold air intake with jba headers and exhaust. Does anyone have any recomendations on which one I should get? I have checked all these forums and they seem to be contradictory. Everyone seems to like the Apr x-1 except the price, I have heard yes and no on unichip (one that was recomended) and urd,
Please don't refer me to another forum, I am looking for personalized responses for my 06 Tacoma. Thanks.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
I have a unichip. It's just the box, no monitor on it, but it has a usb plug in port I could use if i wanted.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:08 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I don't think any of them have the display option.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #4
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I don't think any of them have the display option.
My buddy as a "Diablo Programmer" for his dodge ram R/T. I know that has a display on the front of it.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:33 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
My buddy as a "Diablo Programmer" for his dodge ram R/T. I know that has a display on the front of it.
I meant the options available for Tacomas. I know there are other programmers/display unites for domestic trucks.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:36 PM   #6

Quote:
I meant the options available for Tacomas. I know there are other programmers/display unites for domestic trucks.
Makes me wish I had the money for a "Car-puter" i think that'd be epic
Old 04-20-2011, 03:38 PM   #7
Banned
Quote:
Makes me wish I had the money for a "Car-puter" i think that'd be epic
Laptop it up.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Laptop it up.
Governed by the almighty $
Old 04-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #9
Banned
Quote:
Governed by the almighty $
Ah yes. It always comes down to $. Laptops are fairly cheap no though. Even a notebook would work alright.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Ah yes. It always comes down to $. Laptops are fairly cheap no though. Even a notebook would work alright.
I've got an old school "ASUS EEE PC" the little one with a 7" screen. It works alright for internet, runs off Linux though. No idea how to put windows on it.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:20 PM   #11
Taylor1993 is on a distinguished road
Name: Taylor
Taylor1993's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have a unichip. It's just the box, no monitor on it, but it has a usb plug in port I could use if i wanted.
How do you like your unichip? I was recomended to get that one, told that it would do the most for the truck? pros and cons?
Also can you buy a monitor that would show mph and rpms etc like your buddys dodge and my friends ford?