1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Size matters

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by TorenApart, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Sep 30, 2008 at 7:19 PM
    TorenApart

TorenApart [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab SR5 TRD Sport
    Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit, OME Nitrocharger shocks and Dakar leafs, Total Chaos UCA's, 18'' Black XD Monster, 285/60R18 Cooper Zeon LTZ, Leer shell, OEM Skid Plate, Weather Tech Floor Mats, Lund Tonneau, Custom 2-tone gray leather, Aero Turbine 2525 muffler with AR25 resonator, Aero Turbine Exhaust Tip, Mr. Marv subwoofer enclosure w/ 2 JL 10W3v2's, AFE Pro Dry S, Eclipse AVN-6620, Pioneer PRS-D2100T, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5'' Front Components, Black Headlight Mod, Tinted tail lights, PL5300 with Eclipse BEC-109
    So no, this thread doesn't belong in the underground section, and no it isn't mis titled... It's about exhaust piping...

I spoke with the guy here at the local shop about having dual pipes put on. He is having a few reservations about that possibility. I know I have seen people with the dual pipes, but am wondering if there is any information I can help him with to make the process easier.

First, the muffler I have on is the Aero Turbine 2525. It is a 2.5'' in and out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WmeTVoSi_Y
    That is my truck in the video.

Does the tacoma have the space to run dual pipes out both sizes, similar to the stock setup... except x2. Will the Spare tire get in the way?
    Also, I am planning on using the tips I got on Ebay. It is a 2.5'' in and 3.5'' out pipe that is 9'' long. When I told the guy at the shop, he thought that it will probably look funny. What do you all think? Does anyone have a similar setup?

I bought this exhaust tip:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=120287113630

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Sep 30, 2008 at 7:24 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    that setup will work fine. are talking about running the pipes out both sides....or both pipes out where the stock pipe is. if you are gonna go out both sides, that can be done, and those tips will be fine...........its kinda how the flowmaster "catback" setup is. if you are wanting to run both pipes out the passenger side, you may run into problems with hitting the leaf spring or axle, as i dont think there will be enough room one one side for two pipes....but i could be wrong though.

3. Sep 30, 2008 at 8:17 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Flowmaster makes a dual exhaust kit that exit out both sides - so tell your exhaust guy that if Flowmaster can do it.....he should be able to.

4. Sep 30, 2008 at 8:20 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    yep!:thumbsup:

5. Sep 30, 2008 at 10:15 PM
    TorenApart

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit, OME Nitrocharger shocks and Dakar leafs, Total Chaos UCA's, 18'' Black XD Monster, 285/60R18 Cooper Zeon LTZ, Leer shell, OEM Skid Plate, Weather Tech Floor Mats, Lund Tonneau, Custom 2-tone gray leather, Aero Turbine 2525 muffler with AR25 resonator, Aero Turbine Exhaust Tip, Mr. Marv subwoofer enclosure w/ 2 JL 10W3v2's, AFE Pro Dry S, Eclipse AVN-6620, Pioneer PRS-D2100T, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5'' Front Components, Black Headlight Mod, Tinted tail lights, PL5300 with Eclipse BEC-109
    Thanks guys! I'll make sure he knows it can definitely be done.

Now about that tip

What do you think about that tip? I want something a little fancier than just the stock polished aluminum one I have on. Do you think that the AeroTurbine one I linked to will look retarded? I am open to suggestions and advice!

6. Sep 30, 2008 at 10:44 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    personaly I think those tips will look kinda big and gaudy(if thats how to spell it...)
    but if you like them then do it, its your truck man. Good luck

7. Oct 1, 2008 at 6:22 AM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    i dont think those tips will be too bad, especially coming outta both sides. personally though, i have always liked an exhaust tip that was slash cut......angled a bit on the end.

8. Oct 1, 2008 at 7:12 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    I dont know, maybe its just me but Im use to seeing duals on fullsize chevys...not tacomas

9. Oct 1, 2008 at 7:41 AM
    TorenApart

Member:
    Vehicle:

Yea, I will just have to see.

I agree about the slant tips, those were the most slanted ones I could find from AeroTurbine. If they look dumb, I will taken them off and find something else...
    We'll have to wait and see.

thanks again for everyone's input.

10. Oct 1, 2008 at 7:45 AM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....