Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Size matters

Old 09-30-2008, 08:19 PM   #1
TorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to behold

TorenApart's Tacoma Gallery
Size matters

So no, this thread doesn't belong in the underground section, and no it isn't mis titled... It's about exhaust piping...

I spoke with the guy here at the local shop about having dual pipes put on. He is having a few reservations about that possibility. I know I have seen people with the dual pipes, but am wondering if there is any information I can help him with to make the process easier.

First, the muffler I have on is the Aero Turbine 2525. It is a 2.5'' in and out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WmeTVoSi_Y
That is my truck in the video.

Does the tacoma have the space to run dual pipes out both sizes, similar to the stock setup... except x2. Will the Spare tire get in the way?
Also, I am planning on using the tips I got on Ebay. It is a 2.5'' in and 3.5'' out pipe that is 9'' long. When I told the guy at the shop, he thought that it will probably look funny. What do you all think? Does anyone have a similar setup?

I bought this exhaust tip:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=120287113630
Old 09-30-2008, 08:24 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
that setup will work fine. are talking about running the pipes out both sides....or both pipes out where the stock pipe is. if you are gonna go out both sides, that can be done, and those tips will be fine...........its kinda how the flowmaster "catback" setup is. if you are wanting to run both pipes out the passenger side, you may run into problems with hitting the leaf spring or axle, as i dont think there will be enough room one one side for two pipes....but i could be wrong though.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:20 PM   #4
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Flowmaster makes a dual exhaust kit that exit out both sides - so tell your exhaust guy that if Flowmaster can do it.....he should be able to.
yep!
Old 09-30-2008, 11:15 PM   #5
TorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
yep!
Thanks guys! I'll make sure he knows it can definitely be done.

Now about that tip

What do you think about that tip? I want something a little fancier than just the stock polished aluminum one I have on. Do you think that the AeroTurbine one I linked to will look retarded? I am open to suggestions and advice!
Old 09-30-2008, 11:44 PM   #6
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
personaly I think those tips will look kinda big and gaudy(if thats how to spell it...)
but if you like them then do it, its your truck man. Good luck
Old 10-01-2008, 07:22 AM   #7

i dont think those tips will be too bad, especially coming outta both sides. personally though, i have always liked an exhaust tip that was slash cut......angled a bit on the end.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:12 AM   #8
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I dont know, maybe its just me but Im use to seeing duals on fullsize chevys...not tacomas
Old 10-01-2008, 08:41 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
I dont know, maybe its just me but Im use to seeing duals on fullsize chevys...not tacomas

Yea, I will just have to see.

I agree about the slant tips, those were the most slanted ones I could find from AeroTurbine. If they look dumb, I will taken them off and find something else...
We'll have to wait and see.

thanks again for everyone's input.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:45 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorenApart View Post
Yea, I will just have to see.

I agree about the slant tips, those were the most slanted ones I could find from AeroTurbine. If they look dumb, I will taken them off and find something else...
We'll have to wait and see.

thanks again for everyone's input.
cant wait to see the outcome man!!