Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Scangauge...Where is OBD2 port location?

Old 10-01-2008, 07:36 AM   #1
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Scangauge...Where is OBD2 port location?

My friend is going to loan me his ScangaugeII just so I can check it out. Where exactly is the ODBII port to plug it into? Is it pretty easy to do?
Old 10-01-2008, 07:45 AM   #2
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Under the dash in the area above where your left knee would be. There's a marked cover over it.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:49 AM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
When you look under where roland is talking about it says obdII pull the cap off kind of hard to see cause we are looking for an obvious port.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:01 AM   #4
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Found it... that's easy enough. Thanks guys.

Though it raises another question... what is the "set" button below the steering column for???
Old 10-01-2008, 08:19 AM   #5
Twat did you say?
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoCo View Post
Found it... that's easy enough. Thanks guys.

Though it raises another question... what is the "set" button below the steering column for???
I think its to reset the tire pressure for tpms sensors.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:22 AM   #6
madmic is on a distinguished road
madmic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullettoothtony View Post
i think its to reset the tire pressure for tpms sensors.
excactly
Old 10-01-2008, 08:28 AM   #7
Aspiring wrench monkey

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Good to know. They didn't explain that one to me at the dealership. So, I was debating on whether the Scangauge would be worth the $160... I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons. I suppose that the information will be good for helping me adjust my driving habits to save gas, but the ability to read and reset error codes really seems like the main reason to get one in my mind... If it can save me from a couple of trips to the dealer to be hooked up to diagnostics when the check engine light comes on, it seems like it would pay for itself.