Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Interesting CAI info in an add.....

Old 10-01-2008, 06:14 PM   #1
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting CAI info in an add.....

I saw a Banks add in ORA magazine this month, and they show a test of CAI's. All the intakes tested showed much hotter air than the factory, eccept the Banks (I know, its their add). Airraid, AFE stage II, AFE stage I, True Flkow XDI, Volant, and AME Brute force ALL showed temps hotter than stock. AFE stage II did show a h.p. gain in their tests, but the others did not. I have tested this in the past, and have come up with similar results, but I just wanted to get everyones take on these CAI's.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:18 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i have had cai's too Chris.....and to me, i lost low end torque(not good if you tow anything), and if you dont drive alot in the high rpm's........you dont really benefit with them as far as im concerned.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:25 PM   #3
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i have had cai's too Chris.....and to me, i lost low end torque(not good if you tow anything), and if you dont drive alot in the high rpm's........you dont really benefit with them as far as im concerned.
Your absolutly right. A friend and I were talking a while back about CAI's and how some people see results. While I have never seen a gain on a dyno with a CAI, alot of people seem to have improvements. A big one is better mpg's. My thoughts on this, are: I used to think that the mpg improvement came from free flowing filters. BUT, if the incomeing air temp is hotter than stock (hot air is less dense), the computer will back off some fuel to get the propper air/fuel ratio, thus giveing a better mpg. Albiet, at the expense of h.p..
Old 10-01-2008, 06:28 PM   #4
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
But they make a cool sound!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 06:33 PM   #5
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
But they make a cool sound!!!
haha...yeah, they do make a cool sound....nice little whoosh!!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
So a TRD CAI will not give me an extra 19hp as advertised?
that will be an affirmative.....no!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:28 PM   #8
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
but my URD was not tested...
Old 10-01-2008, 07:35 PM   #9
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
that will be an affirmative.....no!!!
Damn, I was looking forward to getting one...thanks though! I can't afford to throw any money away.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Damn, I was looking forward to getting one...thanks though! I can't afford to throw any money away.
just remove the sec. filter and install a good high flow filter and you'll be all set. and you'll see mileage gains.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:40 PM   #11
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
interesting K&N is not there as a tester muahahahahahha cuz they dont hate
Old 10-01-2008, 07:42 PM   #12
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
just remove the sec. filter and install a good high flow filter and you'll be all set. and you'll see mileage gains.
Are there any brands you could recommend?

(sorry for the hijack)
Old 10-01-2008, 07:43 PM   #13

Quote:

(sorry for the hijack)
for a good drop in filter.....afe pro dry s!!!

and dont worry.............we always hijack threads round here(sorry chris).
Old 10-01-2008, 07:44 PM   #14
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Quote:
for a good drop in filter.....afe pro dry s!!!

and dont worry.............we always hijack threads round here(sorry chris).
Cool, thank you.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Cool, thank you.
no prob man!
Old 10-02-2008, 05:02 PM   #16

Quote:
So a TRD CAI will not give me an extra 19hp as advertised?
I copntacted TRD about their CAI, and told them I was going to dyno it, and if it didnt give me 10+ more h.p. could I get my money back. They responded saying that their gains were done in a "lab" and actuall results would vary. And, no refunds for less h.p. gains......
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
interesting K&N is not there as a tester muahahahahahha cuz they dont hate
In my Testing K&N has shown a 5 h.p. loss.
Quote:

(sorry for the hijack)
OEM. Especially in AZ. The OEM filter flows well, and filters GREAT!