Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

TRD S/C Dyno results

Old 05-25-2011, 06:54 PM   #21
Black08Taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
Black08Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Wow that is running way to rich. The engine is drowning in fuel lol. Get the fuel mixture right and you should make a lot more power.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:29 AM   #22
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
^ huh, he looks good to me. Hovering around 11.9/12
Old 05-26-2011, 08:25 AM   #23
himmie's Other Half
Deltabox is just really niceDeltabox is just really niceDeltabox is just really niceDeltabox is just really nice

Name: Nathan
Deltabox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
^ huh, he looks good to me. Hovering around 11.9/12
Yeah, that is where you want to be.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:36 AM   #24
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I'm going to call shenanigans on that. Honda engines don't really like boost and to get 310hp to the wheels from a Civic would require a bunch of boost.
Not sure if serious..

here's my old 1.6 honda engine with stock internals. besides the custom kit, injectors, clutch and tune it's completely stock on 10 psi. And yes it did last and daily driven to this day by the new owner.

245.9 whp 189.4 tq at 7,500rpm.

I also had a 1.8 liter put a CONCERVATIVE 305 whp at 12psi on that exact same dyno the original poster had his taco dyno'd.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:49 PM   #25
dc22ap1 is on a distinguished road
Name: joshua
dc22ap1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalrunner View Post
Im kinda confused how the power range of these V6s work. My buddies supercharged 08 civic si puts out 310HP to the wheels and 285Ft of torque. Shouldn't these be able to push out tons of power
I have a hard time believing those numbers. the hp sounds right but there is no way you can get that much torque out of a 2.0L with low boost. And before you try and bash my credibility you should know that I am a true honda fan- have been for nine years now. I have a boosted s2000 that puts down 387 rwhp and 239 ftlbs on a dyno dynamics in the middle of florida summer. (here is a link to my car http://maseengineering.com/projects/...sh_s2000_ap11/ )

Now if he had a stroked k24 bottom end then I would believe those numbers.

And to the guy that said hondas don't like boost you are mistaken sir, hondas love boost. the k20 only requires about 9psi to pass the 300 whp mark.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:53 PM   #26
dc22ap1's Tacoma Gallery
OP: I am really liking the torque curve. How do you keep traction- I have a hard time keeping traction with stock power levels- then again my tires are pretty garbage but most people run all terrains so I can't see how they can grip very well on the road with higher power levels.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:32 AM   #27
Jake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to behold

Army:
Name: Levi
Jake7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc22ap1 View Post
OP: I am really liking the torque curve. How do you keep traction- I have a hard time keeping traction with stock power levels- then again my tires are pretty garbage but most people run all terrains so I can't see how they can grip very well on the road with higher power levels.
I haven't really had a problem with maintaining traction too bad yet. The first couple times a took off from stop I got a little spin, but I just put on GY silent armor tires and they seem to do alright compared to stock tires. Now I just accelerate like I'm driving a hybrid; slow until about 20mph, or "like there's an egg under the accelerator". I only really punch it at highway speeds now, and no problems with traction there. Haven't been able to get off road yet, so I can't comment on traction there as of now.
The first week I was driving it and accelerating slowly to get used to the new power. Some asshole kid in an Eclipse, you know that guy with loud exhaust and nothing else, started honking and tried to blow around me all pissed off. It felt really good to hammer it and leave him in the dust with a lifted truck.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:55 PM   #28
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have a hard time believing those numbers. the hp sounds right but there is no way you can get that much torque out of a 2.0L with low boost. And before you try and bash my credibility you should know that I am a true honda fan- have been for nine years now. I have a boosted s2000 that puts down 387 rwhp and 239 ftlbs on a dyno dynamics in the middle of florida summer. (here is a link to my car http://maseengineering.com/projects/...sh_s2000_ap11/ )

And to the guy that said hondas don't like boost you are mistaken sir, hondas love boost. the k20 only requires about 9psi to pass the 300 whp mark.

i agree with all of what you said, i got a buddy of mine that has a 99 SI, stock motor with a turbo kit running 7 psi and it dyno at 260whp. From what ive noticed with hondas, boost doesnt give u a lot of torque, its all hp.

I got a 91 crx, all motor. Gude b16 stage 3 race head, b18 block, 85mm bore, 12/1 JE pistons, eagle rods, and of coarse all your bolt on, programmed with a s200 Hondata and it dyno at 226whp and 201 wtq.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:10 PM   #29
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
i agree with all of what you said, i got a buddy of mine that has a 99 SI, stock motor with a turbo kit running 7 psi and it dyno at 260whp. From what ive noticed with hondas, boost doesnt give u a lot of torque, its all hp.

I got a 91 crx, all motor. Gude b16 stage 3 race head, b18 block, 85mm bore, 12/1 JE pistons, eagle rods, and of coarse all your bolt on, programmed with a s200 Hondata and it dyno at 226whp and 201 wtq.
yeah, b series don't give you nearly as much as HP but I've seen a lot of b20's, h22's, d16's put out almost as much torque as hp when turbo'd.

By the way that's a lot of totque for the amount of hp for an all motor, even for an ls vtec. I'm sure it hauls ass.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:26 PM   #30

Quote:

reminds me of the 9,000 rpm sound good choice on the BB and the HT.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #31
dc22ap1's Tacoma Gallery
hardtops are essential- I don't like convertibles but I love the S. bb is best but a clean grand prix white looks amazing.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:31 PM   #32
JimmyBuckets has a spectacular aura aboutJimmyBuckets has a spectacular aura about
JimmyBuckets's Tacoma Gallery
Did the OP ever do a base line before the SC? Numbers are pretty useless without that.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:38 PM   #33
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
TRD systems out of the box generally are in the 260-270 RWHP range so you are in the ball park there.

The real bottle neck is the stock air filter box. That really chokes it off.

With resonable mods you can get close to 300 RWHP, with lots of mods and tuning most are in the 320-330 range. Few are getting to 350 RWHP, but you don't see many at all over that, one or two but that is it. Then you are really, really pushing that supercharger.

If you want some help pushing forward let me know.

G
Old 06-08-2011, 01:33 AM   #34
Jake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to behold

Army:
Name: Levi
Jake7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
TRD systems out of the box generally are in the 260-270 RWHP range so you are in the ball park there.

The real bottle neck is the stock air filter box. That really chokes it off.

With resonable mods you can get close to 300 RWHP, with lots of mods and tuning most are in the 320-330 range. Few are getting to 350 RWHP, but you don't see many at all over that, one or two but that is it. Then you are really, really pushing that supercharger.

If you want some help pushing forward let me know.

G
Gadget, I wanted to go eith the URD cai but it wont fit with my lights under the grill. Does the stock box really restrict that badly? Would the AFE CAI or TRD CAI give me much more improvement? I'm planning on getting a MAF calibrator when I get home and a new Y pipe, I just need to decide on a CAI system before I get one. On that note, do you think I will see significant help with a URD MAF calibrator and does it come tuned for my upgrades, or will I need do a lot of end user tuning on a DYNO to see results.
I've never built up a motor that was this computer controlled before so I'm still learning what to do here. I wanted to go the APR X-1 route but I can't pull off the cash for that yet.I already bought a 2.825 pulley and the dynamic tensioner pulley from you but I want to do the Ypipe, CAI and MAF calibrator at the same time I put those on. So when I'm ready for that, I will definitely be contacting you. Hope the 4 banger SC is coming along well for you, can't wait to see the results on that. My buddy just bought a Taco with the 4cyl so i've been following that for him. Thanks for any insight. When I get back to the states it's "game on" for this project, hope that MAF cal is still on sale in Sept.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:40 AM   #35
B3AS7808 is on a distinguished road
Navy:
B3AS7808's Tacoma Gallery
Damn Coupe

Your setup is F'N MEAN!!!!

I recently just put on my S/C and 7th injector kit with URD Crank pulley and the 2.2 pulley on the S/C. Still breaking in clutch, cant wait to get the dyno done, I hope to get 275hp
Old 06-08-2011, 07:50 AM   #36
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Gadget, I wanted to go eith the URD cai but it wont fit with my lights under the grill. Does the stock box really restrict that badly? Would the AFE CAI or TRD CAI give me much more improvement? I'm planning on getting a MAF calibrator when I get home and a new Y pipe, I just need to decide on a CAI system before I get one. On that note, do you think I will see significant help with a URD MAF calibrator and does it come tuned for my upgrades, or will I need do a lot of end user tuning on a DYNO to see results.
I've never built up a motor that was this computer controlled before so I'm still learning what to do here. I wanted to go the APR X-1 route but I can't pull off the cash for that yet.I already bought a 2.825 pulley and the dynamic tensioner pulley from you but I want to do the Ypipe, CAI and MAF calibrator at the same time I put those on. So when I'm ready for that, I will definitely be contacting you. Hope the 4 banger SC is coming along well for you, can't wait to see the results on that. My buddy just bought a Taco with the 4cyl so i've been following that for him. Thanks for any insight. When I get back to the states it's "game on" for this project, hope that MAF cal is still on sale in Sept.
I am in no way as qualified as Gadget, but I am a long time member of TW, XRU, & CT, plus a valid URD customer. I ran the MAF CAL with just Intake, Headers, and Exh and it made a noticeable difference in performance. It practically woke my truck up. I used the basic tune/MAP that URD/Gadget had sent me and with the plug and play harness, I was able to notice the gains in minutes. Now, as far as how much of a difference you will feel with your SC setup, I cant answer... I now have the APR X-1, and will never look back. Definately worth the money.

I recommend that you go this route:

1) URD TCAI wont fit or work with the TRD SC
2) Best CAI for TRD SC is the AFE SI Stage II
3) DTLT Headers will increase HP levels much more than the Y-pipe
4) Not sure what pulley you purchased, but if you are running a Higher boost pulley, you should at least purchase and install the Walbro Fuel Pump from URD. (Cant give you an answer on wether the MAF Cal can compensate the pulley, but Im sure Gadget will square you away with that).
5. Enjoy Your New Addiction!!!

Laters
Old 07-31-2011, 09:46 PM   #37
platinumb is on a distinguished road

Name: Patrick
platinumb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I'm going to call shenanigans on that. Honda engines don't really like boost and to get 310hp to the wheels from a Civic would require a bunch of boost.
The k motors like boost just fine I've got a k24 running 12 lbs bone stock other than k pro. 150k with boost not a problem yet.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #38
CVTejas
CVTejas is on a distinguished road
Name: Charles
CVTejas's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to CVTejas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupe View Post

353 HP/360Tq
TRD S/C
Full set of NST pulleys
DTLT, URD Y pipe, URD 3" catback
TRD CAI
8 lbs boost
APR X1
APR 7th Injector

Followed by a T56 Magnum 6sp and 4:10 gears.

That's so beautiful... It brought a tear to my eye..
Old 04-10-2014, 01:17 PM   #39
GEARBEARD is on a distinguished road
Name: JUKE
GEARBEARD's Tacoma Gallery
op:

This was at PowerFab on FM1960 I noticed a few other sheets from there, pretty cool. So it sounds like we have the same setup basically, Ive got the TRD s/c, original air filter and box, URD Y Pipe, and URD's Mk2 Catback Exhaust. I am installing the AFE II Si CAI tonight after work, and will get on the Dyno again in hopes that it leans out a little on the high end (-10:1 @ 5400!) then I will see if it is safe to install the URD 2.85" stealth pulley that i will have in hand at Powerfab Tomorrow morning 8:00am! Then and Dyno a 3rd time if the pulley gets installed...

As for this pull: 76 ambient, 40% humidity, @ sea level.

Old 04-10-2014, 01:21 PM   #40
GEARBEARD is on a distinguished road
Name: JUKE
GEARBEARD's Tacoma Gallery
Coupe: I believe Jeremy at PowerFab showed me a video of your XR, friggin awesome! Keep it up!