Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

TRD S/C Dyno results

Old 05-13-2011, 12:31 AM   #1
Jake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to behold

Army:
Name: Levi
Jake7's Tacoma Gallery
TRD S/C Dyno results

Recently I installed my TRD supercharger on my 08 DC V6, so I decided to do a baseline Dyno run afterward, before I upgrade it. The Dyno was a Dyno Dynamics Dynamometer. Ambient temp 45 degrees, relative humidity was 30%. I made 3 runs with max HP just below 261 RWHP; all the numbers for boost and AFR were right around what Toyota claims the S/C runs at. My other mods are Doug Thorley shorty headers and Banks monster exhaust, when the S/C went on I kept the stock air box with an AFE Pro dry filter and no secondary filter. Has anyone here made any runs with a similar setup? If so, what were the results?
I plan to install a custom Y-pipe, URD 2.825 pulley and a URD MAF calibrator later this summer. I’d love to see some Dyno sheets of similar setups if anyone’s got them, I realize this site is predominately for 4X4s so probably not a lot of people making runs. My run sheets are posted below with RWTQ, RWHP, Boost and AFR labeled for easy identification. My plan is to get above 300 RWHP and TQ, any suggestions? I think my current list of upgrades should do it though. I had no idea mods and upgrades were so addictive or I never would have started, by the way Boost rules, if you don’t have it, you should get it. Thanks in advance for your input or comments.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:59 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Nice power.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:18 AM   #3
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!!
Old 05-13-2011, 01:24 AM   #4
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
Did you install the S/C or did Reid/nick do it? Also did you happen to get a pull without the S/C?
Old 05-13-2011, 04:41 AM   #5
Jake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to behold

Army:
Jake7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmdcfan View Post
Did you install the S/C or did Reid/nick do it? Also did you happen to get a pull without the S/C?
I was in too much of a hurry to get a pull prior to the S/C, I really wanted to but I was only in town for 2 weeks on leave. I had the dealership install it for me so I could get the full warranty just in case, plus I'm only into the S/C for around $3900 with the install. I actually like doing business with the dealership I bought the truck from. They even repainted my hood for me at no cost after I took off the "hood protecter" and discovered the paint was wrecked underneath.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:28 PM   #6
toon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: toon
toon714's Tacoma Gallery
i have a trd S/C and running apr 2.85, URD y pipe and DT long tubes and trd cat back at the time. i made 310hp and 315tq at 8psi. thats with the TRD reflash. bout to go dyno again. redid 3 in piping all the way from header back to exhaust. less restrcition. hoping to gain about 10hp more. lol time to go custom front mount turbo for me. the turbo setup at 8psi i should be ez at 400hp and 450tq atleast. TRD s/c not giving enough power in the top end.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:03 AM   #7

Army:
Jake7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toon714 View Post
i have a trd S/C and running apr 2.85, URD y pipe and DT long tubes and trd cat back at the time. i made 310hp and 315tq at 8psi. thats with the TRD reflash. bout to go dyno again. redid 3 in piping all the way from header back to exhaust. less restrcition. hoping to gain about 10hp more. lol time to go custom front mount turbo for me. the turbo setup at 8psi i should be ez at 400hp and 450tq atleast. TRD s/c not giving enough power in the top end.
Do you still have the dyno sheets for that run? I'd love to see those new ones when you get them.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:40 PM   #8
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You had the 2.85, the y-pie & the dt long tubes running on the stock trd supercharger tune ? - what was your a/f like ?..
Old 05-22-2011, 03:05 PM   #9
toon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: toon
toon714's Tacoma Gallery
yes im running on the trd reflash.
the trd tune is way too rich.
gonna be using the map ecu3 to tune it for my turbo setup.
im gonna be dynoing again soon. before i change my setup to front mount turbo.
hopefully i can gain a few more number since i redid my piping to 3in.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:20 PM   #10
Toyota Its Like A Jeep Thing Only Better
Socalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Socalrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Im kinda confused how the power range of these V6s work. My buddies supercharged 08 civic si puts out 310HP to the wheels and 285Ft of torque. Shouldn't these be able to push out tons of power
Old 05-23-2011, 02:32 PM   #11
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalrunner View Post
Im kinda confused how the power range of these V6s work. My buddies supercharged 08 civic si puts out 310HP to the wheels and 285Ft of torque. Shouldn't these be able to push out tons of power
This is a good time to give honda some props. The k series is the best 4 cylinder hands down. It's a 2 liter that is rated 197 crank HP but is very restricted from factory. With header, intake, exhaust and a tune they put out 210-220 whp depending on the dyno.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:38 PM   #12
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Trapper6speed's Tacoma Gallery
I feel the turbo is the way to go.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:54 PM   #13
tacosrule is on a distinguished road
Army: Carl R Darnall Army Medical Center
tacosrule's Tacoma Gallery
ya but where do ya get a turbo kit for the tacoma?
Old 05-24-2011, 03:10 PM   #14
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
theres a guy around town here that had a turbo kit built by a speed shop for his 2.7 motor. He came in and said the stock motor wasnt enough to pull his boat trailer so he wanted some more power. 5k later and a damn good looking setup, he had a boosted 2TR! If i remember correctly, it made 256whp and 283wtq on 5 psi! I was very impressed!

really all you need is a custom made intake manifold then just a good turbo setup
Old 05-25-2011, 08:17 AM   #15
himmie's Other Half
Deltabox is just really niceDeltabox is just really niceDeltabox is just really niceDeltabox is just really nice

Name: Nathan
Deltabox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]URL="http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/152504/cat/500]"][/URL]
A little more A/F tweaking and you could see some more power. Anyone use the apex-i safc tuners? Or is there better stuff out there for the taco?
Old 05-25-2011, 08:31 AM   #16
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What was your A/f with that setup on the trd reflash ?
Old 05-25-2011, 08:36 AM   #17
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalrunner View Post
I'm going to call shenanigans on that. Honda engines don't really like boost and to get 310hp to the wheels from a Civic would require a bunch of boost.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:39 AM   #18
mjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: National Strike Force
mjohn617's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltabox View Post
A little more A/F tweaking and you could see some more power. Anyone use the apex-i safc tuners? Or is there better stuff out there for the taco?

I may not be completely correct but I think the Apex-i is for older ECU's. It's more a piggy back for manipulating signals. I had problems a couple years ago with one of these things installed in a friends car.

I kept drifting off on datalogger numbers and couldn't figure out why, I later found out that the Apex-i computer was changing the signals and the vehicles ECU was basically reamapping itself around it.

I ripped it out and had a base tune in a couple hours.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:58 AM   #19
himmie's Other Half
Deltabox is just really niceDeltabox is just really niceDeltabox is just really niceDeltabox is just really nice

Name: Nathan
Deltabox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohn617 View Post
I may not be completely correct but I think the Apex-i is for older ECU's. It's more a piggy back for manipulating signals. I had problems a couple years ago with one of these things installed in a friends car.

I kept drifting off on datalogger numbers and couldn't figure out why, I later found out that the Apex-i computer was changing the signals and the vehicles ECU was basically reamapping itself around it.

I ripped it out and had a base tune in a couple hours.
Yes. It manipulates the signal from the maf or map depending, and sends a controlled signal to the ecu. Didn't know that the ecu would reconfigure the fuel trim data though. Ha. So a complete A/F remap is the best option then?
Old 05-25-2011, 06:34 PM   #20
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery

353 HP/360Tq
TRD S/C
Full set of NST pulleys
DTLT, URD Y pipe, URD 3" catback
TRD CAI
8 lbs boost
APR X1
APR 7th Injector

Followed by a T56 Magnum 6sp and 4:10 gears.