Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

SCAN GAUGE VS ULTRA GAUGE

Old 03-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #21
clcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to behold
clcoyle's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know if the ScanGauge will fit in the coin holder/ panel in front of the interior fuse box? I would like to mount it there and I was curious if would fit.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:12 AM   #22
clcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to beholdclcoyle is a splendid one to behold
clcoyle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
I think the SG is too wide

The specs say it 4.8" wide, and the access panel measures almost 5" so I was just curious if any had ever attempted to mount it there and if it fit.

If anyone has a SG that they can put in that location just to see if would mount there, I would truly appreciate it.

-Chris
Old 03-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #24
kd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Henry
kd8bao's Tacoma Gallery
I got a SGII on amazon for under a hundred. I mounted mine on top of the steering column like so...

Old 03-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #25
TacoTimmy is on a distinguished road
TacoTimmy's Tacoma Gallery
I just got my ultra...it seems to work great...I now know that the coolant temp drops 3 degrees when you turn the heater on...its the little things...
Old 03-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #26
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by clcoyle View Post
The specs say it 4.8" wide, and the access panel measures almost 5" so I was just curious if any had ever attempted to mount it there and if it fit.

If anyone has a SG that they can put in that location just to see if would mount there, I would truly appreciate it.

-Chris
I tried it. It would not fit. To wide and tall.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #28
AI Surf Fisher has much to be proud ofAI Surf Fisher has much to be proud ofAI Surf Fisher has much to be proud ofAI Surf Fisher has much to be proud ofAI Surf Fisher has much to be proud ofAI Surf Fisher has much to be proud ofAI Surf Fisher has much to be proud ofAI Surf Fisher has much to be proud ofAI Surf Fisher has much to be proud ofAI Surf Fisher has much to be proud of

Name: Richard
AI Surf Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Installed my UG yesterday and set it up for my truck. Did a long run today for work and was very impressed on how it worked for me. I have been modifying my driving style to get better mileage but the UG allowed me to fine tune it and really benefit. I got 24.2 MPG hwy and 22.4 MPG combined today. :bananadanc e::bananada nce:
Old 03-08-2012, 04:38 AM   #29
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
I got the Ultra Gauge and am very pleased with it and the price was right. There is a lot of worthless info with any of the scan gauges so I ended up only using 4 of the gauges of 4 each and deleting the extra pages. As it is I probably will only use the first 3 . The instant MPG can really teach you a few lessons for max mileage, pretty neat. I can say the rebate thing from Ultra Gauge was designed to be a complete pain in the backside the amount of effort is not worth the $9 they ask a bunch of questions about how the gauge works when your truck was made, engine size yatta yatta then you have to go out to the truck and write down like 48 series of numbers from the gauge then fill out the form and hope they will honor it. So if you are buying it for the rebate be prepared.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #30
AI Surf Fisher has much to be proud ofAI Surf Fisher has much to be proud ofAI Surf Fisher has much to be proud ofAI Surf Fisher has much to be proud ofAI Surf Fisher has much to be proud ofAI Surf Fisher has much to be proud ofAI Surf Fisher has much to be proud ofAI Surf Fisher has much to be proud ofAI Surf Fisher has much to be proud ofAI Surf Fisher has much to be proud of

Name: Richard
AI Surf Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I found the rebate process to be a PITA. I did it last night and sent it off - so I'm done with and looking for my $ 9.00.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #32
rbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: ARFF @ ROC
Name: Rich
rbishopp's Tacoma Gallery
I read in one post maybe on TW that the UG was difficult to operate because buttons are low profile on the back of the unit while the SC has the buttons on the front.
Is there an issue with changing screens on the UG or updating fuel up ? Or whatever else you use the buttons for ?

Old 03-16-2012, 05:17 AM   #33
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbishopp View Post
I read in one post maybe on TW that the UG was difficult to operate because buttons are low profile on the back of the unit while the SC has the buttons on the front.
Is there an issue with changing screens on the UG or updating fuel up ? Or whatever else you use the buttons for ?

Frankly I don't think it makes much difference either way to do any thing other then change pages you had better be at a dead stop. The fuel up is very simple just one push and at that point your stopped any way. Some one else pointed out that the set up was painful and it is I can't comment on the Scan Gauge but I would think it's equally painful but it's a one shot deal. If you write down how you want to set it up before doing it,it goes a lot easier.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:00 PM   #34
Shaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shaggs's Tacoma Gallery
I run the ScanGaugeII and could not be happier. Pulled it from my other car that was totalled and it really helped me with fuel economy and driving habits, code clearer works well, and I always have voltage, intake temp, water temp, current mpg. There are so many things it monitors you can waste a ton of time setting it how you like.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #35
islander83 is on a distinguished road

Name: Derek
islander83's Tacoma Gallery
I have a scangauge e and am thinking about getting an ultragauge. Mainly because the scangauge e resets anerage mpg every time I turn the truck off. Does anyone know if the ultragauge does this as well? I want to see long term average!
Old 11-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #36
Shaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shaggs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcord View Post
There is an update you can download for it to be able to display the trans temp.
I use it for this... you can add extra monitors. Major lifesaver under load or towing.

I have the ScangaugeII and for 169 bux you can't beat it, and the check engine scan works super quick. I always usually do trans temp, water temp, mpg avg, mpg instant. You can also do intake air temp, oil pressure, MAP, A/F ratio, rpm, speed, and just about everything on the car.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:12 AM   #37
01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kodiak
01kingtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I got the ultra gauge for checking trouble codes mostly it's awsome for that and it clears them too it already paid for it self 3 times over!!! And I like seeing my mpg I thought I was only getting around 19 to come to find out I get 21.5 on the last tank on my v6 Tacoma very surprised!
Old 09-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #38
Trucker
503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
503TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggs View Post
I use it for this... you can add extra monitors. Major lifesaver under load or towing.

I have the ScangaugeII and for 169 bux you can't beat it, and the check engine scan works super quick. I always usually do trans temp, water temp, mpg avg, mpg instant. You can also do intake air temp, oil pressure, MAP, A/F ratio, rpm, speed, and just about everything on the car.

SG2 can do oil pressure now??
Old 01-15-2014, 05:57 AM   #39
Bellis is a splendid one to beholdBellis is a splendid one to beholdBellis is a splendid one to beholdBellis is a splendid one to beholdBellis is a splendid one to beholdBellis is a splendid one to behold
Name: Ben
Bellis's Tacoma Gallery
does the UG let you read and clear obd2 codes?