Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

SCAN GAUGE VS ULTRA GAUGE

Old 01-15-2014, 06:06 AM   #42
Bellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
Bellis's Tacoma Gallery
thanks
Old 01-15-2014, 06:26 AM   #43
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
This is another option to consider if you have a smartphone.

http://www.cravenspeed.com/obdii-connector/

The app for the android is great (Torque) and monitors the same sensors as the ones mentioned earlier. Iphone uses the DashCommand app. Your smartphone will have a better display than the gauges mentioned and I believe the display is a bit more customizable. The software/app of the android and iphone will continue to upgrade along with the tech in our trucks so it won't become outdated (not saying the SG/UG will). Plus its cheaper than both!

Just a thought.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:13 AM   #44
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
I wish there was a one size fits all.....

Ultragauge I had didn't show trans temp and Thats very important to me.

Scangauge only shows 4 parameters at a time (lame)

Torque didn't have trans temp, and the Bluetooth dongle was always drawing power.

Really..... Just gimme the trans temp option on the ug and I'll buy another happily.

As it is the scangauge will only show 1 trans temp for my truck (2006) and I dont know if its pan or converter.

Curious how accurate ANY plug in scanners Horsepower calculations are.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:16 AM   #45
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
I wish there was a one size fits all.....

Ultragauge I had didn't show trans temp and Thats very important to me.

Scangauge only shows 4 parameters at a time (lame)

Torque didn't have trans temp, and the Bluetooth dongle was always drawing power.

Really..... Just gimme the trans temp option on the ug and I'll buy another happily.

As it is the scangauge will only show 1 trans temp for my truck (2006) and I dont know if its pan or converter.

Curious how accurate ANY plug in scanners Horsepower calculations are.

You can add the trans temp to the Torque app, its not a default setting.

In the settings you can add various sensors, trans temp being one of them. This is only for automatic transmissions though, I do not believe the manuals have trans temp sensors.

Also, I saw a write up somewhere on TW on how to get the dongle to turn off with the truck.

Edit: Found the thread: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...t-install.html
Old 01-19-2014, 12:40 PM   #46
Robb235 is on a distinguished road
Robb235's Tacoma Gallery
iPhone users can use the Engine Link app to monitor sensors, including transmission temps.

SCAN GAUGE VS ULTRA GAUGE-imageuploadedbytapatalk1390164004.833243.jpg
Old 01-19-2014, 12:43 PM   #47
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Do these things show CELs, or will it help show you what is triggering a CEL?
I know you can run the code, but when it gives you 6 different possibilities, kind of hard to narrow it down without dumping money at part store.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:17 PM   #48
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
Do these things show CELs, or will it help show you what is triggering a CEL?
I know you can run the code, but when it gives you 6 different possibilities, kind of hard to narrow it down without dumping money at part store.
Buy yourself a factory service manual and follow the troubleshooting steps. They list step by step instructions what to test for and how. Don't just keep buying parts until our solves the problem.

To answer your question it will not tell you the cause of the issue. It well only give you the trouble code.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:35 PM   #49
usaftaco4x4 is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Dean
usaftaco4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Where is everyone mounting the UG? It seems the SC is a little easier to mount and not stick out. I have a 08 reg cab and was thinking about getting the UG but the more i look into it, the harder it is to conceal.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:10 PM   #50
texascolt45 will become famous soon enough
Name: mike
texascolt45's Tacoma Gallery
the Ultra gauge shows a lot of stuff.its neat to play with but really,i only use the engine temperature gauge,and the tach.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:24 AM   #53
2012Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
2012Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
For anyone who wants to purchase a scan gauge two i found out how to get them for $119 shipped!!!!!
Old 03-18-2014, 04:30 AM   #54
2012Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
2012Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I got it down even cheaper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Tacoma View Post
For anyone who wants to purchase a scan gauge two i found out how to get them for $119 shipped!!!!!
I stand to correct my self! We can get it for $111.99 with free shipping!!!
Old 03-18-2014, 08:45 PM   #55
Shaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shaggs's Tacoma Gallery
damn for 111 i'd buy another one