Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Resonator Delete

Old 05-20-2011, 10:23 PM   #1
island is on a distinguished road

island's Tacoma Gallery
Resonator Delete

Anyone have pics of a Taco with its resonator removed? I like my Taco to have a deep roaring sound . Were exactly are the resonator located? I see two on each side of the pipe before the y. Which exactly is the one to delete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKtP6rLF7Y8
Old 05-20-2011, 10:24 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Those are cats....not resonators.....
Old 05-20-2011, 10:27 PM   #3

island's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Those are cats....not resonators.....

So which is the resonator?
Old 05-20-2011, 10:30 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by island View Post
So which is the resonator?
You dont have any.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:33 PM   #5
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
Isn't there a resontater at the y pipe??
Old 05-20-2011, 10:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
um dont diesels have resonators, not gas engines?
Some gas engines have them. The Tacomas dont,.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:03 PM   #7
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
and not that im cracking on the the truck we all own and love, but tacomas just don't get that "deep roaring sound" really no matter what you do to them. . . certain mufflers will make them sound better, but if you cut your cats out it will just sound bad. these aren't 327's we got under the hood ya know.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:13 PM   #8
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
agreed. the stock exhaust on my 3.4l sounds beefy inside the cab, and nice and quiet outside. i hate other 3.4l with loud exhausts casue it is more of a racket than a good noise.
yeah i worked with a guy who had a 1st gen with the 3.4. in true redneck fashion after splitting the pipes and putting on flowmasters, he swapped them with glass packs, then cut all cats while keeping glass packs, then he just went to nothing between the engine and the chrome tips but space, fumes and lost backpressure. it sounded like a bee in a beer can everywhere he went. it was just bad.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:59 AM   #9
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
im tempted to cut the tailpipe right at the axle. maybe itll improve sound? or im just retarded?
Nah, dude. I didn't even notice a slight change when I chopped mine.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:13 AM   #10
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
then i guess she stays as is then.
im just in the process of doing all the free/ dirt cheap mods i can.
I know I chopped mine for off-roading purposes, not for the sound. (The tip can get crushed on rocks and stuff.) It's also kind of a clean look without the pipe visible. I'd reccomend it actually, especially if you do a lot of off-roading.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:26 AM   #11
Über Posre

Quote:
well i dont do a lot of offroading yet. i like the look of it to be honest. same with the mudflaps. i just need to clean them up. maybe ill paint those too....
cool.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:39 AM   #12

island's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys, Will put the exhaust on hold and do more research in the mean time i will work on the signal lights mod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKtP6rLF7Y8
Old 05-21-2011, 01:49 AM   #13

island's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
good idea. sorry for derailing your thread a bit :guilty:
No problem, You guys are the Vets