Notices

Removing EFI fuse for deckplate...

Old 05-22-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
=T=
Tman12 will become famous soon enough

Name: Taryn
Tman12's Tacoma Gallery
Removing EFI fuse for deckplate...

On some of the deckplate mod write ups i have seen, it is recommended to remove the EFI fuse in order to reset the system in order to let it adjust to the larger amount of airflow. However, the only write ups that discuss this are ones for 4 runners performing the mod. Should I do this to my tacoma as well? I plan on doing the mod tomorrow and would like to know if it would help.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:43 PM   #2
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
X2
Old 05-23-2011, 12:30 PM   #3
=T=

Tman12's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like its x-everyone huh?
Old 05-23-2011, 10:29 PM   #4
lonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to all

Name: Lonnie
lonzorizo's Tacoma Gallery
I pulled the 15a efi fuse when I did mine, and again when I put new a muffler in. Idk if I does anything tho my truck didn't drive any different. Shifting points were still the same...
Old 05-24-2011, 11:04 AM   #5
=T=

Tman12's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, I did my mod and pulled my small EFI fuse. Everything went well and I couldnt really tell a difference in shifting like they said might happen. Oh well, good mod regardless.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #6
TIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TIPICOTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I had a custom cat-back installed a few weeks ago and my CEL has been on ever since. I plan on doing the deckplate mod this week and have been reading up on it.

After reading this I went ahead and pulled the EFI 15a fuse and low and behold my CEL is now off!! hope it stays off cause staring at that thing everyday makes me rather uneasy..

fyi - At first I pulled the fuse and left it out and my truck would not start. I put it back in and it was good to go.

thanks for the info
Old 06-10-2011, 08:11 AM   #7
TIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lil update..

after pulling the fuse and turning off my CEL, after only 20 miles the CEL is back on. I then pulled the fuse again only to have the CEL pop back on after another 20 miles.. Obviously something aint right..

this is not from the deckplate cuz I didn't do it yet, this stems from a new cat-back.

any ideas?? guy at URD said the o2 sim will not fix the prob?? i'm stumped
Old 06-10-2011, 08:53 AM   #8
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
All you need to do to reset the ECU is pull the battery cables off the terminals and hold the brake pedal down for 20 seconds. Once you're done with the install connect them back to the battery. It is recommended that you do this for any mod, but the ECU will adjust to the larger amount of airflow regardless if you reset it or not it will just take longer.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:11 AM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIPICOTACO View Post
after pulling the fuse and turning off my CEL, after only 20 miles the CEL is back on. I then pulled the fuse again only to have the CEL pop back on after another 20 miles.. Obviously something aint right..

this is not from the deckplate cuz I didn't do it yet, this stems from a new cat-back.

any ideas?? guy at URD said the o2 sim will not fix the prob?? i'm stumped
2 words: Code reader.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:15 AM   #10
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
When I did the elbow mod I just disconnected the POS side of the battery, did the mod, then reconnected the cable. Like YamahaDave said, this speeds up the ECU learning curve. If you just did the mod but left everything connected, it would still learn the change-but will take longer.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:58 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
2 words: Code reader.
I had it checked and cleared twice, it was PO420.

I havn't taken a look at the rear o2 since it was re-installed by the shop. Mayb they damaged the sensor when they welded the bung back in.

Thanks for the info YamahaDave and Ridgerunner, I'l reset the ECU and c if that does it.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:05 AM   #12

I reset the ECU without any issue, I then took a 300 mile round trip to Philly. The CEL stayed off and gas mileage was as usual for the whole trip. BUT the next morning I had a few errands to run around town and after only 10 miles the CEL came back on .

I just did the deck-plate mod this morning and reset the ECU again. Hopefully this time things will work themselves out. If not, my rear o2 sensor must be shot..
Old 06-13-2011, 08:54 PM   #13
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIPICOTACO View Post
I reset the ECU without any issue, I then took a 300 mile round trip to Philly. The CEL stayed off and gas mileage was as usual for the whole trip. BUT the next morning I had a few errands to run around town and after only 10 miles the CEL came back on .

I just did the deck-plate mod this morning and reset the ECU again. Hopefully this time things will work themselves out. If not, my rear o2 sensor must be shot..
Or your gas cap may have lost its seal too-
Old 06-14-2011, 10:02 AM   #15
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
What catback did you put on?
Old 06-14-2011, 10:21 AM   #16

I had a local shop bend me stainless pipes (2.25") and weld on a Magnaflow 18" offset in/center out.

they welded the rear o2 bung back in and I'm startin to think that they damaged it.

The guy did say that there's a leak in the exhaust manifold and a slight leak at the upstream side of the cat. Both however were there before the new cat-back and I never had a CEL previously go on in the 5 months that I owned the truck
Old 06-14-2011, 10:25 AM   #17
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
It's either one of two things for a 420 code; CAT or rear O2. The rear O2 is a lot cheaper to put on than a new CAT. I'd try that.