Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

First gen Mass performance mods...

Old 05-24-2011, 12:43 AM   #1
freeclimb10 is on a distinguished road
freeclimb10's Tacoma Gallery
First gen Mass performance mods...

Hello! I'm looking for someone with a first gen who's done Supercharger, Exhaust, Intake, Injectors, Piggy back controller (of one of such).. Etc... I'm curious as to how and in what oder you did it all. I just finished a Supercharger install on mine, intake is on the way...then exhaust...etc

Tyler
Old 05-24-2011, 11:01 AM   #2
ERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
ERIC's Tacoma Gallery
yea ^^^ hes right only soo much power you can get out of these little 3.4L. Supercharger is a good start. Intake and exhaust are more for sound your not gunna get tooo much power out of those. Maybe look into the 7th injector kit for a lilttle more power. What kind of intake and exhaust are you looking into?
Old 05-25-2011, 12:50 AM   #3
I've got a set of URD 318cc Injectors and the URD piggyback controller going on as soon as my CAI and Exhaust is done. Not trying to make her a race car but i want her to be the Happiest little Tacoma she can be

Not sure about the exhaust. I'm actually just looking into Headers right now, Ill be doing the 2.5" piping myself, single, with a chambered muffler (probably Borla) for just the right ammount of back pressure. I figured SC, Injectors, 2" pulley, CAI Exhaust and Controller is about as far as i'll take her. Any Suggestions on Headers?
Old 05-25-2011, 06:47 AM   #4
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
ive thought about an ls1 swap.. i havent looked into it much but the main issue i have is would be able to pass emissions or not
Old 05-25-2011, 08:26 AM   #5
ERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
ERIC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeclimb10 View Post
I've got a set of URD 318cc Injectors and the URD piggyback controller going on as soon as my CAI and Exhaust is done. Not trying to make her a race car but i want her to be the Happiest little Tacoma she can be

Not sure about the exhaust. I'm actually just looking into Headers right now, Ill be doing the 2.5" piping myself, single, with a chambered muffler (probably Borla) for just the right ammount of back pressure. I figured SC, Injectors, 2" pulley, CAI Exhaust and Controller is about as far as i'll take her. Any Suggestions on Headers?
Thatll be a nice set up. For headers check out doug thorley if you want long tubes, and gibson or JBA for short tubes.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:28 AM   #6
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
ouch, we dont have emission laws. IDAHO FTW!!
Dude... F U lol
Old 05-25-2011, 11:41 AM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Just FYI, I think a blown 3.4 is just as fast as a stock 4.0. So not too fast in the end.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:42 AM   #8

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
True but s/c a 3.4 and its pretty much maxed.. drop an ls1 and you don't need to run premium and you have more potential
Old 05-25-2011, 11:43 AM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFA View Post
True but s/c a 3.4 and its pretty much maxed.. drop an ls1 and you don't need to run premium and you have more potential
Defiantly. LS engine is the easiest way to get power. That is why they swap them into everything.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:47 PM   #10
Ya'll make it sound like you can just "drop in" an LS1. Have ya'll read and researched this?
Old 05-25-2011, 12:48 PM   #11
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeclimb10 View Post
Ya'll make it sound like you can just "drop in" an LS1. Have ya'll read and researched this?
Well a lot of work would be needed but it can be done. You will end up with more power for the same if not less money as adding a blower and junk to the 3.4.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:03 PM   #12

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
its fairly simple with the know how and all the resources available but yeah theres some chopping and fabbing to be done with "dropping" an ls1 in