Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

AFE Pro-Dry S Air Filter for 2011 Prerunner?

Old 05-27-2011, 11:50 PM   #1
winnebagel is on a distinguished road

Name: Nathan
winnebagel's Tacoma Gallery
AFE Pro-Dry S Air Filter for 2011 Prerunner?

New to site, just bought my first Tacoma, V6 Prerunner with the TRD Off-Road package. I've been wanting to get the AFE Pro-Dry S filter, but can't find it for the 2011. Is there not one on the market for the 2011 yet? I've looked at the K&N, but would rather go with the AFE since I've heard many Tacoma owners prefer the AFE over the K&N, and an oil free filter sounds pretty nice.

Edit: I've found some people buy the filter from previous year models? Is it a certain year model? Or are they all the same part number?
Old 05-28-2011, 12:33 AM   #3

Cool, thanks for info.

Also checked part numbers for K&N filters 2005-2011, all the same part number, so just a little reassurance before I place the order.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:59 AM   #4
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Ya I learned a while back that when your looking for a part, you say 2009 or 2010. Its like the 2011 hasnt been built yet lol
Old 06-03-2011, 08:58 PM   #5
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
thanks, i was about to order one for my 2011 also and i kept getting a promt saying this product is not available for that model.. this cleared it up. i really didnt think a '10 and '11 air filter would be different but i really didnt want to screw myself either. let me know how it fits, im waiting for a friend to order to save money on shipping..
Old 06-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #7
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dude, auto anything says they dont have it for 2011 or '10. the newest is for '09.. i know it probably matters not but... yall have a link to a better place to get this? what did yall pay btw?
Old 06-03-2011, 09:15 PM   #8
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
dude, auto anything says they dont have it for 2011 or '10. the newest is for '09.. i know it probably matters not but... yall have a link to a better place to get this? what did yall pay btw?
well right from 05 will fit. So just go the cheapest. I had to pay $89+15%tax where I am, because I live in a piece of ship place to buy anything for vehicles. Apparently autoanything would rather fold their company then ship a filter not worth $150 to me......fuckin knobs
Old 06-03-2011, 09:17 PM   #9

hmm ill check n see if theres a price diff. between 05 and 09 ha that would be nice but doubtful
Old 06-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #11

there a promo code for autoanything? its $71
Old 06-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
there a promo code for autoanything? its $71
maybe check amazon. they usually have it for 40 or so I think. usually on this site it has a long to somewhere
Old 06-03-2011, 09:51 PM   #14

from 40.75.. depends on vehicle and model, for a tacoma, on autoanything, 71.35

debating on getting my roof rack with it so i can get free shipping and a discount
Old 06-03-2011, 09:58 PM   #16

yup i just tried it, it stays at 41 all the way thru to keep you interested.. as soon as you have to select your submodel of tacoma (4.0 V6) it jumps. engine size must make a diff.. ima just wait, there's always tomorrow.. OP, i hope all of our rambling and thread jacking gave you some info, my bad ha off to sleep for me fellas
Old 06-08-2011, 09:47 PM   #17

Late reply-filter came in, fit fine, I'm lovin it. Got mine off of Amazon for $62.95, took my free month of Prime membership for free two-day shipping. Pretty happy with it all.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:21 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnebagel View Post
Late reply-filter came in, fit fine, I'm lovin it. Got mine off of Amazon for $62.95, took my free month of Prime membership for free two-day shipping. Pretty happy with it all.
Awesome man! Keep us updated on results. Better price on Amazon than auto anything too.