Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

K&N Intake Filter Replacement

Old 10-07-2008, 09:48 AM   #1
05DoubleTaco is on a distinguished road

05DoubleTaco's Tacoma Gallery
K&N Intake Filter Replacement

I know they have the 1,000,000 mile warranty and all that jazz, but I'm looking for a new filter.

I have cleaned mine 3 times now, and I think I'd rather get a new one this time around.

Anybody know what size a replacement filter is that works with the K&N intake? Part # of the filter used in the kit?

Now would be the time for me to switch to another brand filter if one is better than K&N?? AFE?

Many Thanks!
Old 10-07-2008, 09:50 AM   #2

Should of waited to post.

A quick search on the K&N site gives the replacement filter for the Aircharger Kit:

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=RF-1042

So, buy the K&N replacement or try a different brand filter? Suggestions?
Old 10-07-2008, 02:01 PM   #3
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
just get the replacement, K&N service is great, im sure theyll ship it to u for free. just give them a call and give them the product number and u should be good
Old 10-07-2008, 04:55 PM   #4
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
I replaced my K&N filter with a filter from True Flow. I've been very pleased with it. It passes more air then the K&N filter, and being about 3/4" of foam it traps dirt better.

The part number of the filter that will fit the K&N CAI is True Flow 90205.

These are the only photos I have right now of the filter.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post

Thanks, but I am looking for a new filter...

I could clean mine again, but would rather opt for a new one this time around
Old 11-07-2008, 06:30 PM   #7

Update:

Just ordered an AFE filter to replace the K&N.

Part number: 24-60506

Ordered from Summit Racing, should be here soon. Post up pics when it's in!