Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

O-2 Sensor cable

Old 10-07-2008, 01:17 PM   #1
Martin is on a distinguished road
Martin's Tacoma Gallery
O-2 Sensor cable

Can anyone tell me how to access the end of my O2 sensor cable? It's the one in front of the catalyst. The wire is over two feet long, goes over the transmission and toward the cab where I can't reach the end. Do I need to take off some panels inside the cab to reach the end and disconnect it? (Manual transmission 2001 Tacoma S-Runner ext. cab)
Old 10-07-2008, 03:52 PM   #3
Martin's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Janster

Good article. Just what I needed.
--Martin
Old 10-21-2008, 10:44 AM   #4
Martin's Tacoma Gallery
More O2 sensor questions

I was able to access the O2 cable connector and installed a new O2 sensor. However, after driving 50+ miles, the check engine light came on again. I went to the local auto-parts store where they plugged in the OBG meter to read codes, and it said bank one A/F too lean (again). So I removed the shifter console again to make sure the connector was still plugged in. This time, I put my ohm meter on the black wire prongs to make sure there was still continuity on the heater circuit. It read 1.21 ohms, so this would indicate the heater was OK.
Out of curiosity, I later tested the black wires on the old sensor I had taken out, and it read 2.16 ohm indicating it was OK too.
So, the check engine light came on again last night driving home.
I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to why this is happening (lean mixture reading). Could the injectors be dirty and partially clogged?
When I'm driving, and I step on the gas all the way to the floor, the engine doesn't give as much power as if I let up on the gas a little bit.
Help!