Notices

Am I being ripped off?

Old 06-01-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
nathanscot is on a distinguished road
Army: Squad Leader B CO 1-32 IN
Name: Nate
nathanscot's Tacoma Gallery
Am I being ripped off?

I am purchasing the 4.0 supercharger and catback exhaust from my original toyota dealership and having them installing it. I was originally estimated $5,500 and now they are saying its going to be around $6,500. I have a lifetime warranty through toyota and that is why I am having them do the work, because by having them doing the work, it does not void the warranty. Am I getting ripped off or actually getting a deal?
Old 06-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! I think youre getting ripped off. BUT, you may want to check with others in your area, and see what they may have paid.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:15 PM   #3
Beretta Taco
Mescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant futureMescalero has a brilliant future

Firefighter: Come from a family of Army and Air Force
Name: Matt
Mescalero's Tacoma Gallery
Did they give you a line item quote? if so, how much for the parts individually?
Old 06-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #4
bcb97 is on a distinguished road
bcb97's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds high to me. A itemized order form is a good idea as Mescalero suggested.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:42 AM   #5
I looked around and off of the TRD website itself, it said the supercharger was $4,500. I didn't find how much the catback was.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:50 AM   #6
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I think I remember someone here paying 3800 just for the SC at a online parts store. You can do that and then have them install.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:26 PM   #7
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
If you buy directly from a dealership you will end up paying the MSRP price of about $5500, plus $700-$1000 for installation. So without getting it yourself online or getting a better deal from th dealership, thats about what you will pay for the parts and install if its not a package deal with a truck.

I did a lot of research on hat before I just got a package deal to include it with my new truck.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #9
408 TACO
TKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zik
TKOMA's Tacoma Gallery
I'm also interested in getting a SC.I just went to the stevens creek dealership here in san jose to ask for an estimate. the SC costs 4500 and the service department said they would charge me $1,800 to install. It would be a total of $6,300. I thot it was too much. At the end the service representative said he could do it for $6000 tax included. Still, i think is a bit too much. Has anybody got their SC for less? Post so we can get an idea of how much can we negotiate. Thanks guys.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #10
Blasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blasphemous's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.trdparts4u.com/scripts/pr...dproduct=-8333

$3,890 for supercharger and fit kit.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:58 PM   #12
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
install it yourself and save $3000 lol
Old 06-07-2011, 06:44 AM   #13
Whoop72, did you get a catback as well or just the SC? Because I'm getting both those. I think it should be worth it because, if I were to install myself or have someone else do it. It would void the lifetime warranty I have with the truck. So, overall from what I'm hearing, it's not too bad. Plus, I'm deployed right now and I got the money to spend while I'm young, so I'm gonna go for it. Thanks guys.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #14
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
How the hell you get a life time warranteeee?????
X2 lol I just noticed that haha
Old 06-07-2011, 09:09 AM   #15
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
If you are actually getting a big ass nice warranty on it, then its worth gold to have them do it. any time you add boost to an engine you increase the wear and tear and having the ability to drop it off and make them fix shit when it goes wrong is priceless.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:58 PM   #17
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Dang $6,500.00 for parts and install!
Old 06-08-2011, 06:42 PM   #18
408 TACO
TKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zik
TKOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoop72 View Post
It all depends on the dealer you are dealing with. For the labor, they should be pricing 5-6 hours at their labor rate, which should be nowhere near the $1800 they are wanting to charge you. Given the prices you can get for a TRD supercharger on the internet, they should also come down from the $4500. When I was talking to the dealers, I told them I wanted their total cost (including all charges and taxes), so they knew they would be making dollars on both the parts and install. If they are actually interested in doing the work, they should work with you. If not, they will just say no. I would also make sure you get a "firm" cost, as you don't want to pay more if they happen to take more time for the install.
That's truth, most likely they just want to charge me as much as they can. cuz the guy said it would take them about ten to twelve hours to install. And that i didnt like. I mean how can they take so long to install a supercharger. Well, im gonna keep checking some other dealers for prices. But thanks alot for the advice.