Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Muffler Suggestions

Old 06-02-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
BLP is on a distinguished road

Name: Bryson
BLP's Tacoma Gallery
Muffler Suggestions

Hi, I just joined the forum although I've been looking around the site for a while now. I just got a black SR5 crew cab long bed 4x4 4.0 v6. I want to get a muffler welded on in place of the stock one and an exhaust tip. I want something that has minimal noise inside the cab. I don't want it to be extremely loud outside, just a nice rumble that sound better than the stock exhaust. I've been looking at the Flowmaster 50 series delta flow and 60 series. I haven't found any sound clips of the 60 series on a Tacoma. I've also been looking at the Magnaflow 18" and 22" mufflers. Anyone have one of these mufflers?
Old 06-02-2011, 03:21 PM   #2
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW
Are you going for sound or performance?

Flowmasters are good for a deep sound, but you'll lose 4-5 ponies.

Check out this thread on muffler performance:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...ust-stats.html
Old 06-02-2011, 03:35 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Magnaflow, Aero Turbine, Jardine, search...
Old 06-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #6
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLP View Post
I'm guessing nobody has the 60 series, I haven't found any reviews or sound clips of it. What about Gibson or Dynomax?
i have dynomax. its the only one that has shown gains on the dyno. its not very loud, but i like it.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:49 PM   #7
BLP is on a distinguished road

Name: Bryson
BLP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantac09 View Post
i have dynomax. its the only one that has shown gains on the dyno. its not very loud, but i like it.
I've been looking on summit racing's website and the dynomax is $50 compared to $100 for the gibson. It doesn't sound really raspy or ricey does it?
Old 06-03-2011, 08:54 PM   #8
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I've been looking on summit racing's website and the dynomax is $50 compared to $100 for the gibson. It doesn't sound really raspy or ricey does it?
some might think it gets ricey when you really step on it but i dont think its ricey. i also have the small muffler.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:10 PM   #10

Quote:
i think so. i forget the length though.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:14 PM   #12

Quote:
I think that's the one I'll end up getting. Thanks for the help.
ya no problem.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:16 PM   #13
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery

Flowmaster 40 dumped afterwards
Old 06-04-2011, 12:58 PM   #14
chriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shedchriss is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: chris
chriss's Tacoma Gallery
cost

What would be a respectable price for just a performance muffler change?
Old 06-04-2011, 02:32 PM   #15
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Drop the exhaust yourself, cut the stock one off, then bring it to someone to weld it. I can't imagine them charging more than 40 or 50 bux, tops.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:29 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriss View Post
What would be a respectable price for just a performance muffler change?
it cost me $200 but they had to order the muffler and i'm from canada.