1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LSD Fluid

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by spaghettiedy, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Nov 4, 2008 at 12:28 PM
    Teufel Hunden

Teufel Hunden No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    09 MGray DC SB TRD-OR 4x4 V6 Auto SR5
    Undercover tonneau, OEM tow package with hitch, OEM retractable roof rack, Front window tint (legal), WeatherTech FloorLiners, Door sill protectors, Tacoma bed mat, Rear leaf spring TSB, OEM DRL mod, Door edge guards, AFE Pro-Dry S Air Filter, Removed secondary air filter, Smoked LED 3rd brake light, Romik running boards, Go Rhino hitch step, Extra set of D-rings mod, Bed cargo net, TRD wheel locks, OBX sport pedal covers.
    You are correct about the automatic transmission fluid. I don't know about Mobile 1 or others, but Amsoil does not list that it can replace Toyota ATF-WS. Toyota does state to use Toyota ATF-WS "or equivalent" but Toyota also states that using any other brand may cause serious problems. I would not use anything but the Toyota brand for transmission fluid just to be safe, but that is just me.

As for the diffs, I did a brief search and I see what you are saying about finding 75w-85. I had no idea that this was such a rare weight. If I could find it in a quality synthetic, then I would switch in a heartbeat. If anyone has better search skills and knows of one, then any help would be appreciated. Also, I do not know enough about mechanics to know if switching to another weight will void the warranty or in any way adversely effect the differentials. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated also. Thanks in advance!

2. Nov 6, 2010 at 8:19 AM
    spaghettiedy

spaghettiedy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    09 DC LB Sport in Black 4x4
    Gray Weathertechs, LG Wet Okoles, Tacome OEM Bedmat

Products Discussed in

To Top