Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Grounding Throttlebody?

Old 08-25-2012, 02:36 PM   #281
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
How about grounding direct to ground with a steel cable dragging around under the truck?
Old 08-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #282
Shaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Shaun
Shaunsquatch's Tacoma Gallery
I have no idea if grounding the TB helps or not, don't really care.

I can come up with one possibility on why it might make a difference. With a floating(electrically) TB I could see electrical noise being generated on a position sensor, which could result in an incorrect or slowly filtered analog to digital conversion reading by the ECU. Grounding the TB would in effect shield the sensor and reduce noise on the sensor ADC lines and in effect reduce the feedback loop time between the position sensor and the butterfly.

Its all speculation though as I have no idea if any sensors even exist inside the TB. I am not going to do it personally, but I could think of one possible effect and thought I would stir the pot.