Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Grounding Throttlebody?

Old 06-12-2011, 07:57 AM   #21
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Blasphamy
Whatever you think man! I wasn't expecting it to work but it did.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:00 AM   #22
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Engines already have gound straps.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:16 AM   #23
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
BS, coming from a EE, Ground is Ground world round. How can Grounding a piece of aluminum possibly help throttle response? There is air flowing through it, not some cool star trek positively charged ion flux that needs taming. If one of you guys drops $100 dollars on that "grounding kit", your crazy.
lol i was thinking the same thing. The throttle body is already being grounded since it is bolted into the manifold.... also there is a ground wire being run back away from the throttle body in order for it to move so really your just putting an extra ground wire for no reason....
Old 06-12-2011, 08:18 AM   #24
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
So if I put a grounding kit on my TV will picture be better?
Old 06-12-2011, 08:31 AM   #25
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
So if I put a grounding kit on my TV will picture be better?
lol yes. do it and post pictures!!!!
Old 06-12-2011, 08:34 AM   #26
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
lol yes. do it and post pictures!!!!
After the meet I'm going to go home and work on it. Wish me luck.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:35 AM   #27

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
After the meet I'm going to go home and work on it. Wish me luck.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:46 AM   #28
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Post pics of the pics on your tv

OP, I'm curious to see where exactly you grounded from you should show a pic. I read part of that Mazda grounding thread where the guy actually took an Ohms meter to the different components to test everything. Just thinking out loud here, but if its a smoother transmission that your ass is feeling, wouldn't it be better to place the ground on the tranny instead of the throttle body??

Also, to the rest of you, don't be so quick to dismiss ass dynos. Though they aren't near as accurate, some of us spend over a 100km's a day behind the wheel. I know if my truck started behaving differently, even if ever so slightly, I would notice in a heartbeat.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:49 AM   #29

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
Post pics of the pics on your tv

OP, I'm curious to see where exactly you grounded from you should show a pic. I read part of that Mazda grounding thread where the guy actually took an Ohms meter to the different components to test everything. Just thinking out loud here, but if its a smoother transmission that your ass is feeling, wouldn't it be better to place the ground on the tranny instead of the throttle body??

Also, to the rest of you, don't be so quick to dismiss ass dynos. Though they aren't near as accurate, some of us spend over a 100km's a day behind the wheel. I know if my truck started behaving differently, even if ever so slightly, I would notice in a heartbeat.
Also the information that was in the mazda forum doesnt sound right at all. in the post where the guy took a ohm meter to everything said he was reading 2 ohms on all 4 bolts but when he hooked up the ground strap he got 0.0 Well 0.0 means open which means its not grounded. so i dont know what kind of info he is putting out.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:51 AM   #30
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Also the information that was in the mazda forum doesnt sound right at all. in the post where the guy took a ohm meter to everything said he was reading 2 ohms on all 4 bolts but when he hooked up the ground strap he got 0.0 Well 0.0 means open which means its not grounded. so i dont know what kind of info he is putting out.
I'll be honest, i napped a lot during the electrical section of my process engineering degree. But i'm pretty sure ohms is the measurement of resistance, not flow of electricity. If your resistance is 0, that would mean a smoother, cleaner flow of electrons.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:53 AM   #31

Navy:
Quote:
I'll be honest, i napped a lot during the electrical section of my process engineering degree. But i'm pretty sure ohms is the measurement of resistance, not flow of electricity. If your resistance is 0, that would mean a smoother, cleaner flow of electrons.
correct but its impossible to have 0.0 ohms going through a wire. anytime you move electricity through anything you will have resistance. 0 resistance is like having an open circuit.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:57 AM   #32

Quote:
correct but its impossible to have 0.0 ohms going through a wire. anytime you move electricity through anything you will have resistance. 0 resistance is like having an open circuit.
Super conductors have zero resistance, thats the whole point of them haha sorry i had to say it.

Yea I know what your getting it, it's called transmission losses, aka the transferring of power losses power as heat. Power companies hate this law of physics cause they lose billions of dollars worth of power every year on transmission losses.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:59 AM   #33

Navy:
Quote:
Super conductors have zero resistance, thats the whole point of them haha sorry i had to say it.

Yea I know what your getting it, it's called transmission losses, aka the transferring of power losses power as heat. Power companies hate this law of physics cause they lose billions of dollars worth of power every year on transmission losses.
lol u got a super conductor?

I am a aviation electrician in the navy and deal with this stuff all day long.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:01 AM   #34
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
not impossible...
Old 06-12-2011, 09:02 AM   #35

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
not impossible...
lol ok in a tacoma it is impossible.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:02 AM   #36
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lol u got a super conductor?

I am a aviation electrician in the navy and deal with this stuff all day long.
i work with superconductors all day long. 35 miles of 14 gauge wire with 0.00000000 ohms resistance
Old 06-12-2011, 09:03 AM   #37
Banned
If I use a grounding kit on my brain will I be smarter?
Old 06-12-2011, 09:04 AM   #38

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
i work with superconductors all day long. 35 miles of 14 gauge wire with 0.00000000 ohms resistance
yeah thats just ridiculous.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:04 AM   #39
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like another cost cutting measure from Toyota.......bastards shorted us at least 10 HP!
Old 06-12-2011, 09:05 AM   #40

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah thats just ridiculous.
im dead serious...