Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

How hard is it to make your own CAI?

Old 06-07-2011, 12:02 AM   #21
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808matt View Post
huh?
dont be talkin bad about louisiana
Old 06-07-2011, 12:12 AM   #22
808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
808matt's Tacoma Gallery
go re-read what i quoted. i clearly was NOT talking bad about louisana and just pointed out the smog thing may not be for that state. geez
Old 06-07-2011, 12:13 AM   #23
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo View Post
dont be talkin bad about louisiana
Oh who gives a shit. Every state including Louisiana sucks.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:14 AM   #24
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808matt View Post
go re-read what i quoted. i clearly was NOT talking bad about louisana and just pointed out the smog thing may not be for that state. geez
wow man my bad haha i skimmed over it and took it out of context! sorry haha
Old 06-07-2011, 12:29 AM   #25
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I always wanted to get a horn tweeter from a big ol amp, gut it, and connect the intake pipe to it you guys want to see a "cutting edge" factory CAI, pop the hood on a new v6 Highlander-it is cool. the intake runs long across the top of the radiator shroud behind the grill, and the hood closes down onto it completing the "airbox"-you WILL get a healthy dose of cool air through that big ass intake.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:34 AM   #26
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Yes you can make your own intake very easily. Best way to do it is get 2.75 inch PVC piping, a drill, and some wood to make yourself a little box to put the filter in it! Although I've read countless times lately that the CAI's don't do shit for our trucks from many people around this forum.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:38 AM   #27
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
http://www.snookinc.com/products.htm

In a serious note, a buddy I work with stole of bunch of this off high temp shit off an aircraft engine we replaced a couple months ago and put it on his dodge. We cut a block of wood to mount the vacuum tube and the MAF sensor on it. Using my scan gauge hes getting air in at about 5-7 degrees higher then ambient. So yes its possible. And this was free!
Old 06-07-2011, 12:51 AM   #28
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonleblond View Post
http://www.snookinc.com/products.htm

In a serious note, a buddy I work with stole of bunch of this off high temp shit off an aircraft engine we replaced a couple months ago and put it on his dodge. We cut a block of wood to mount the vacuum tube and the MAF sensor on it. Using my scan gauge hes getting air in at about 5-7 degrees higher then ambient. So yes its possible. And this was free!
Not sure about the Dodge but on the OPs truck the intake draws air from the passenger inner fender that has a vent up front. They only you can get colder air is with maybe something like a snorkel of the URD intake which I really think won't grab colder air.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:00 AM   #29
Yeah I kinda think CAI's are a waste in our pickups. I bought one and don't need it. But I think he can make one
Old 06-07-2011, 02:02 AM   #30
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Someone on the site made his own snorkel if that helps...