LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

What cat back do you recommend?

Old 06-06-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
luvsoffroading
tacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: rich
tacomarich's Tacoma Gallery
What cat back do you recommend?

What cat back do you recommend? K&N, flowmaster other? Anyone have any luck over others?
Old 06-07-2011, 02:54 AM   #3
luvsoffroading
tacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i was thinking of magnaflow. any better series than the other, or depends on the application?
Old 06-07-2011, 03:11 AM   #4
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
jba is cheap....and good.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:01 AM   #6
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Magnaflow makes a solid Muffler for our Trucks:

However, they do not make a Catback System...

If you were looking for a Catback and not just a muffler you will have to look at the following:

AFE, BANKS, URD, RBP, BORLA, TRD,

I might have missed one.

For just a muffler here are your options:

Magnaflow, AERO, Dynomax, Flow master, and basically any muffler you can find a good shop to weld up for you pending inlet/oulet diameter and fit.

Now my reccomendations are:

For Catback, and you are going to stay NA = Borla or TRD
" " , and you plan on FI= Banks or URD (3" Diameter piping)

For Mufflers: Magnaflow or Aero. Dynomax is proven to gain HP, Im not into the chambered exh. I hate the quality and sound of flowmaster, but to each his own. If you want to mod stay away from shit that rust.

Oh, and FYI K&N does not make exhaust systems for our truck, nor any vehicle if my memory serves me right.

Enjoy,
Old 06-07-2011, 06:06 AM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
And by gain he means nothing spectacular.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:54 PM   #10
mjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: National Strike Force
mjohn617's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
I vote not a catback at all. A weld in muffler will be cheaper and gain you just much unless you are doing some heavy engine modifications...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
And by gain he means nothing spectacular.

Ill vouch for that....$1500 later...sounds fuckin sweet though!
Old 06-09-2011, 12:25 AM   #11
luvsoffroading

right on. thank you everyone for the great information. gives me a few ideas on what to do now.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:02 AM   #12
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
However, they do not make a Catback System...

Enjoy,
UM, this statement is wrong. I have a Magnaflow cat back exhaust system, ordered and installed at my dealership due to a backorder of the TRD system at the time of my truck purchase.

I really like my Magnaflow and am impressed with the sound. It burbles and pops and has a decent deep throaty growl for a V6. Granted, the supercharger helps with that but it is still a good exhaust choice.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:09 AM   #13
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
UM, this statement is wrong. I have a Magnaflow cat back exhaust system, ordered and installed at my dealership due to a backorder of the TRD system at the time of my truck purchase.

I really like my Magnaflow and am impressed with the sound. It burbles and pops and has a decent deep throaty growl for a V6. Granted, the supercharger helps with that but it is still a good exhaust choice.
Hmm, Thats new I Guess, but hey... Awesome. I like magnaflow, and if they make a CBE, more options for us Taco owners...

Enjoy
Old 06-09-2011, 09:12 AM   #14
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
All lame choices. Get a STS Turbo catback.

I have a Banks catback:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYR2VJGSH2o
Old 06-09-2011, 09:20 AM   #15
Enjoying my addiction

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=whippersnapper02;3286644]All lame choices. Get a STS Turbo catback.

I have a Banks catback:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYR2VJGSH2o[/QUOTE]

FTW...

Only Exh I would trade out my Banks for is the New APR Set up. But thats Dollars.

If anyone wants Details PM me and we can start a new thread
Old 06-09-2011, 10:59 AM   #16
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
K&N makes air filters, not exhausts.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:02 AM   #17
Banned
Quote:
Only Exh I would trade out my Banks for is the New APR Set up. But thats Dollars.

If anyone wants Details PM me and we can start a new thread
They wouldn't waste their time to make an exhaust for a Taco and I don't blame them.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:09 AM   #18
Enjoying my addiction

Actually they have...

Quote:
They wouldn't waste their time to make an exhaust for a Taco and I don't blame them.
Thats why I said; that would be the only Exh I would trade out for. Pending my cash situation. I have a link to all the details. Top quality stuff with true effective research behind the design...

I am however, upgrading to an APR Y-pipe here shortly
Old 06-10-2011, 08:14 AM   #19
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-10-2011, 08:19 AM   #20
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFA View Post
Sweet. I wonder if it sounds like a turbo when you drive.

Products Discussed in this Thread