LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Questions about Airaid throttle body spacer and K&N intake

Old 06-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
Cloud is on a distinguished road
Cloud's Tacoma Gallery
Questions about Airaid throttle body spacer and K&N intake

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew if the airaid poweraid throttle body spacer will fit with a k&n 63 series intake? I have heard that it might not fit with the hood if you install both the intake and the spacer? Or should I even worry with the throttle body since I have the intake?
Old 06-07-2011, 11:59 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Both the intake and spacer are trash!
Old 06-07-2011, 12:08 PM   #4
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
throttle body's don't do shit on these trucks so don't get one. If you just do an intake then you shouldn't have anything to worry about
Old 06-07-2011, 12:24 PM   #5
Cloud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Both the intake and spacer are trash!
Ok... "they are trash"? What are you basing that on?Are you going to recommend something better?
Old 06-07-2011, 12:27 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
Ok... "they are trash"? What are you basing that on?Are you going to recommend something better?
K&N intakes are not cold air. So yeah they sound cool but you probably lost some power. The stock intake is already cold air but in reality intakes don't really do anything on stock engine.

Spacer don't do anything for multi point fuel injected engines. As carb spacers they work great because the fuel mixing happens in the carb.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:37 PM   #7
Cloud's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have a better intake to recommend? The K&N 63series is "supposed" to add anywhere from 10-26hp.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:40 PM   #8
Banned
Stock, AFE Stage 2 SI, URD TCAI, Old TRD and stock again.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #9
mjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: National Strike Force
mjohn617's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
Anyone have a better intake to recommend? The K&N 63series is "supposed" to add anywhere from 10-26hp.

Have you looked into a snorkel?
Old 06-07-2011, 12:46 PM   #10
Banned
Did I mention stock?
Old 06-07-2011, 01:05 PM   #11
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
I am running the kn cai and air raid tb spacer. In reality the tb spacer does nothing to a fi engine but make a whistling sound. There is the possibility that there is some gains, but I think for the money it's not worth it. I installed mine and haven't noticed much, but yes it does fit, you just have to get a lil creative making the mounting points work. Not hard, if you decide to do it, I'll get some pics of mine over to you. I'm not gonna bash my set up either cuz I do average 21mpg on my v6, and I don't drive too conservative either. Truck sounds great with it all as well, turns alot of heads when I gun it out the mall parking lot.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #12
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
Truck sounds great with it all as well, turns alot of heads when I gun it out the mall parking lot.
cool...real cool

A throttle body spacer will do nothing for your truck. its fuel injected so the fuel is never even near the spacer...

I had a K&N and sold it. yea it sounds cool as shit but thats about it. I might have gotten a little better response at wide open throttle on the highway but nothing other than that.

If you want to add a little more power I would look at getting doug thorly headers, aero super urbine exhaust, URD intake, URD MAF CAL.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #13
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
cool...real cool

A throttle body spacer will do nothing for your truck. its fuel injected so the fuel is never even near the spacer...

I had a K&N and sold it. yea it sounds cool as shit but thats about it. I might have gotten a little better response at wide open throttle on the highway but nothing other than that.

If you want to add a little more power I would look at getting doug thorly headers, aero super urbine exhaust, URD intake, URD MAF CAL.
I have JBA headers, and next will be a cat back exhaust. Looked at the aero turbine. Not sure where to find URD intakes(sounds expensive) and a MAF cal. I thought about a JET MAF sensor. I like my kn cai, and didn't know too much about the tb's but I like it too. I gauruntee I'll smoke anybody's 4.0 , I'll put it to the test any day if you're down.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:35 PM   #14
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I have JBA headers, and next will be a cat back exhaust. Looked at the aero turbine. Not sure where to find URD intakes(sounds expensive) and a MAF cal. I thought about a JET MAF sensor. I like my kn cai, and didn't know too much about the tb's but I like it too. I gauruntee I'll smoke anybody's 4.0 , I'll put it to the test any day if you're down.
check out http://www.urdusa.com/ for the MAF cal and the intake.

and thats a pretty jackass'ery statement...
Old 06-07-2011, 01:41 PM   #15
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I guarantee it won't
Old 06-07-2011, 01:57 PM   #16
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
X2

+ u can take ur chances with the Volant with the ram air scoop.

Keep in mind even if u run the intake fully open (no filter at all and highly unadvisable for any length of time at all) you MIGHT gain 1.5hp

Ur gunna be hard pressed to get any gains in HP over stock intake......U may gain throttle response tho.
Ah. I forgot about the Volant. It would be better if they fixed the tube size so that the MAF doesn't get confused.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #17

Quote:
I call bullshit, and chris4x4 has dynoed the K&N iirc and LOST HP

X2

+ u can take ur chances with the Volant with the ram air scoop.

Keep in mind even if u run the intake fully open (no filter at all and highly unadvisable for any length of time at all) you MIGHT gain 1.5hp

Ur gunna be hard pressed to get any gains in HP over stock intake......U may gain throttle response tho.
wont work, my K&N cone filter fell off a couple times and it drove sooo slow. it would bog down real bad.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #18
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-07-2011, 02:07 PM   #19

Quote:
if i didnt love my truck soo much.......................................someone else try it
I did try it (on accident) and that is what happend...
Old 06-07-2011, 02:07 PM   #20
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Products Discussed in this Thread