Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Which Exhaust is better?

Old 07-20-2007, 03:28 PM   #21
Lee's06Taco is on a distinguished road

Lee's06Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have a flowmaster on my Taco V6 and it sounds awesome! magnaflow will be a bit quiter than flowmaster.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:05 PM   #22
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
tacomanan06- the flowmaster 40 is everything you said. had mine installed yesterday. it fkn rocks. i love that rumble
Old 07-24-2007, 06:26 PM   #23
stratton will become famous soon enough

stratton's Tacoma Gallery
flowmaster

you guys gotta post a sound clip. thats one of the mods i wanna do soon. is the flowmaster stainless?
Old 07-24-2007, 10:46 PM   #24
stackyochips26 is on a distinguished road

stackyochips26's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to stackyochips26
i recently installed my flowmaster dual 50 series, the sound is not quite as loud as the 40 but less interior resonance.
overall i like the sound and i love the dual out the side look

there is a sound clip on my car domain in my sig
the clip is from a camera phone, imo its sounds a whole lot better in person

either way the 350 i spent on the exhaust was definately worth it
Old 07-25-2007, 02:11 PM   #25
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
tacomanan06- the flowmaster 40 is everything you said. had mine installed yesterday. it fkn rocks. i love that rumble
oh hell yeah, i love that deep rumble. so, what kind of install did ya get? duals, just the muffler, what?
Old 07-25-2007, 02:13 PM   #26
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratton View Post
you guys gotta post a sound clip. thats one of the mods i wanna do soon. is the flowmaster stainless?
heres my soundclip...flowmaster original 40 with duals.

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=DSCF1124.flv

enjoy!!!

my flowmaster muffler isnt stainless, but you can get a stainless one. not sure exactly which flowmasters come in stainless. check out flowmaster.com, they shoul have them listed.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:26 PM   #27
stratton will become famous soon enough

stratton's Tacoma Gallery
clip

ya gotta romp on it. i wanna hear it at 6 grand rpm's. haha
Old 07-25-2007, 04:47 PM   #28
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
tacomaman- just the muffler. $100 installed and out the door in about 30 mins.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:48 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
tacomaman- just the muffler. $100 installed and out the door in about 30 mins.
sweet!! i guarantee you, you got some definite rumble with just the muffler!! my pipes kinda mellow mine out a bit. but either way, im glad i went with the 40 series!!!
Old 07-25-2007, 07:04 PM   #30
Carolina Alliance
07TRDsport is on a distinguished road

07TRDsport's Tacoma Gallery
when i put my flowmaster 40 on after i took off the 50(put on the 50 when i first bought it because i didnt want a loud rumble at the time plus i didnt have the money for duels, BUT they said i would have the same performance from the 50 as the 40, its just not as loud)

i felt more power in acceleration and it sounds great with the duel exhausts..
and my mpg went up to 19.5 compared to my 18's and i romped on it a lil bit more on my accelerations because of the new tones i was producing.

i was thinking about putting them out the sides infront of rear tires but i didnt know if id really like that look but its something a little more unique.. maybe someone has or will do it in the future.

anyways, go with the FLOW
Old 07-26-2007, 12:26 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TRDsport View Post
when i put my flowmaster 40 on after i took off the 50(put on the 50 when i first bought it because i didnt want a loud rumble at the time plus i didnt have the money for duels, BUT they said i would have the same performance from the 50 as the 40, its just not as loud)

i felt more power in acceleration and it sounds great with the duel exhausts..
and my mpg went up to 19.5 compared to my 18's and i romped on it a lil bit more on my accelerations because of the new tones i was producing.

i was thinking about putting them out the sides infront of rear tires but i didnt know if id really like that look but its something a little more unique.. maybe someone has or will do it in the future.

anyways, go with the FLOW
My dual 50 series is dual out the sides, i like the look
i kinda wish the 50 series was louder, but not hacing the interior resonance is nice
might switch to the 40 later on down the road
Old 07-27-2007, 04:28 AM   #32
Carolina Alliance
07TRDsport is on a distinguished road

07TRDsport's Tacoma Gallery
looks nice.. whats the blue next to yah?
Old 07-29-2007, 06:55 PM   #33

Quote:
looks nice.. whats the blue next to yah?
another dub cab prerunner

he helped me with my exhaust install

its quite nice being part of www.arizonatoyz.com
just a bunch of other local people to help you with stuff and talk to about tacomas and things of that sort

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2638994
his tacoma is pretty sweet

i'd like to say mine looks really good now that i got my new wheels

have to give partial thanks to members of this forum for assisting me in my decisions as well, first tacoma website i found
Old 07-30-2007, 12:48 PM   #34
VTA HOT TACO is on a distinguished road

VTA HOT TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Flowmaster huh?

I'm actually surprised that everyone here is Flowmaster fans. I've heard on some other sites I was on that Flowmasters weren't that great on the 4.0L Tacoma's. I was actually looking into the MagnaFlow and the Gibson. At least a Magnaflow muffler.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:15 PM   #35
viprbomber is on a distinguished road

viprbomber's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Borla. I am very pleased with it. they are bolt on cat back's and the polished tip has a swept back angle, which is very good because the mud flaps on these trucks crack and will melt against it.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:47 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTA HOT TACO View Post
I'm actually surprised that everyone here is Flowmaster fans. I've heard on some other sites I was on that Flowmasters weren't that great on the 4.0L Tacoma's. I was actually looking into the MagnaFlow and the Gibson. At least a Magnaflow muffler.

trust me, the flowmaster just sounds badass man!!
Old 07-30-2007, 03:02 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
trust me, the flowmaster just sounds badass man!!
hell ya they do, my sound clip doesn't do it respect
every time i start my truck it just makes me happy to hear the roar even of the quieter 50 series
all around great exhaust

good prices at www.flowmasterdirect.com as well
Old 07-30-2007, 08:15 PM   #38
Route66Taco will become famous soon enoughRoute66Taco will become famous soon enough

Route66Taco's Tacoma Gallery
All this talk of exhaust and no TRD mentions. Am I the lonewolf of TRD exhaust? Do you guys know something I don't?
Old 07-30-2007, 09:17 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route66Taco View Post
All this talk of exhaust and no TRD mentions. Am I the lonewolf of TRD exhaust? Do you guys know something I don't?
I know a couple people with TRD exhaust, and they are good exhausts
but as with all other TRD products i think they are overpriced just because of the Toyota in TRD
you pay the fee to have it be a toyota part =/
Old 12-02-2007, 04:42 PM   #40
stokedsurfer is on a distinguished road
stokedsurfer's Tacoma Gallery
flowmaster 60 on a 2.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
hey thanks tacomaman on the sound bite i was looking everywhere for a decent sound bite, but could not find one and this is just what i was looking for. I was kind of leaning towards the flowmaster and i think that is what i will go with now. Thanks A lot, Travis
I found a clip on utube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sh1L4PR5Ho it defently sounds sick it says he used the 60 series that will by next upgrade along with a high flow cat and header.