1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD Supercharger

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by jw1028, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Jun 8, 2011 at 5:07 AM
    jw1028

jw1028 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Akron, OH
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRunner 3.6 TRD 2WD
    TRD supercharger
    Just bought a 2002 4dr Tacoma PreRunner with a supercharger. As best I can tell, the supercharger was dealer installed at time of purchase. Truck has 42k miles and was driven by one owner (about 80 yrs old) who had all the scheduled servicve/maint etc performed by the dealer. No problems yet. What i would like to find out is, because of the supercharger, what problems/concerns should i be aware of or look out for? I am somewhat mechanically inclined (have built a few 289 ford motors), but don't have any supercharger experience.
    any guidance would be appreciated. I have no intention of going off-road or any type of racing.
    Thanks
    Jeff

2. Jun 8, 2011 at 8:26 AM
    ERIC

ERIC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Impulse Red TRD PreRunner SOLD
    Pioneer double din navi head unit and four 5x7 alpine speakers, westin light bar, procomp lights, head and tail lights, black billet grille, billet antienna, gibson headers and cat back exhaust, afe cold air, uni chip programmer, Bilstein 5100's, Pro comp wheels and tires, tint, blacked out emblems, innu roof rack, yakima basket, foglight mod...
    wow! nice find! an 02 with 42K?? I have an 02 also and its got 100K and thats pretty low. With that few miles you shouldnt have problems. Maybe change the fluids in the supercharger and in the engine more often to keep everything fresh and you might want to check for parts wearing faster like the water pump and belts.

Products Discussed in

To Top