Notices

Need a cat-back for 04 Tacoma DC

Old 10-10-2008, 06:07 PM   #1
DREAD is on a distinguished road

Army: E5-13B Artillary Cannon Crewman, 1/180th 153 FA Bgd
DREAD's Tacoma Gallery
Need a cat-back for 04 Tacoma DC

Greetings!

I am not new to cat-backs etc. At first I bought a Gibson cat-back then I switched to a TRD system...

Well I am in the market for a cat-back for my 04 double-cab. What would you recommend? Money is no object - performance and sound are what I am after.

I am hoping you folk would have a good recommendation.

Thoughts?
Old 10-10-2008, 06:11 PM   #2
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
jardine catback from urdusa.com
Old 10-11-2008, 10:19 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i know money is no option, but just remove the stock muffler and weld in the muffler of your choice. essentially the same thing, just cheaper.....more money for other mods!!!

what kinda sound are you after??
Old 10-12-2008, 10:04 AM   #4
DREAD is on a distinguished road

Army: E5-13B Artillary Cannon Crewman, 1/180th 153 FA Bgd
DREAD's Tacoma Gallery
Just more of a rumble. Something that sounds "throaty".

You have a good idea. There are no small shops in town so I am thinking Midas could do the job. Back in the day, Flowmaster 50 series used to be considered good, but over the past couple of years, that has probably changed.

What's the stuff now?
Old 10-12-2008, 10:06 AM   #5
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Borla, gibson, banks monster exhaust, URD Y pipe and full accesories. there is a pretty extensive list, but combonations of a good header and exaust or just long tube headers will give you a pretty good throaty effect. not to mention Doug thorley headers with a Jardine catback. thats also a good choice. its my favorite.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:25 AM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DREAD View Post
Just more of a rumble. Something that sounds "throaty".

You have a good idea. There are no small shops in town so I am thinking Midas could do the job. Back in the day, Flowmaster 50 series used to be considered good, but over the past couple of years, that has probably changed.

What's the stuff now?
i still love the flowmaster original 40.....sounds great on the tacoma v6.