Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Rear Sway Bar

Old 06-16-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
Kevotaco is just really niceKevotaco is just really niceKevotaco is just really niceKevotaco is just really nice
Name: Kevin
Kevotaco's Tacoma Gallery
Cool Rear Sway Bar

is it worth it? will it reduce performance in sand/snow... i'm not talking desert racing but rolling down to OBX... let me know what you think!
Old 06-17-2011, 08:04 AM   #2
Kevotaco is just really niceKevotaco is just really niceKevotaco is just really niceKevotaco is just really nice
33 views and no one has an opinion? COME ON! I'm itching to spend!
Old 06-17-2011, 08:10 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...-sway-bar.html

Check out this thread. What are you trying to gain with the rear sway bar? What is worth it to one person is not worth it to someone else. Rear sway bars are designed to reduce body roll but limit articulation.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:17 AM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...-sway-bar.html

Check out this thread. What are you trying to gain with the rear sway bar? What is worth it to one person is not worth it to someone else. Rear sway bars are designed to reduce body roll but limit articulation.
Thanks! I want to reduce body roll, and my main concern is if it will limit performance in sand or on snow. I appreciate the link!
Old 06-17-2011, 08:29 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevotaco View Post
Thanks! I want to reduce body roll, and my main concern is if it will limit performance in sand or on snow. I appreciate the link!
Shouldn't have any affect on performance in the sand or snow. Off roading it will limit how much your rear suspension can articulate but assuming you're driving on snow covered roads and relatively flat beaches, the addition of the rear sway bar shouldn't limit you.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:57 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Shouldn't have any affect on performance in the sand or snow. Off roading it will limit how much your rear suspension can articulate but assuming you're driving on snow covered roads and relatively flat beaches, the addition of the rear sway bar shouldn't limit you.
Thanks for the input! Rear sway bar is now on my short list of projects!
Old 06-18-2011, 05:54 AM   #7
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Thumbs up Post up a write up when done:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevotaco View Post
Thanks for the input! Rear sway bar is now on my short list of projects!
I want to get this done but was confused on the install. Not looking forward to paying a shop to weld or modify my current set up.

Let us know.

laters...
Old 07-09-2011, 03:59 AM   #8
HOSS454 is on a distinguished road
HOSS454's Tacoma Gallery
go to http://tundraracing.com/ and scroll to the bottom, there is a rear sway bar kit there for 269 plus shipping.. don't know if this is the one you guys are looking at but figured id post it up if you guys haven't seen this one..