Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

V6, P0420, DTLT and O2 sim installed... why?

Old 06-19-2011, 05:24 PM   #1
Yeah, there's a TSB for that!
DrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DrRabbitFurHead's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation V6, P0420, DTLT and O2 sim installed... why?

I just threw 2 codes on my 2006 TRD/OR... (both were P0420). I've been running the DTLT Headers for several months with the O2 Simulators without any issues.

The conditions tonight were dry (no rain or puddles) and I'm trying to figure out why all of a sudden I threw 2 codes tonight?

Not sure if I should be worried, thought the O2 Simulator was supposed to keep me from throwing a code.

Also, when I installed the DTLT's I installed 2 new O2 sensors. They were the same make/model as new Toyota parts (Denso IIRC) and they might have 2k miles on them.

Anyone know why I'm having this issue? Maybe just need to fill up with 93 octane and no ethanol?

Thoughts???
Old 06-19-2011, 06:35 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Fuel shouldnt make a difference. Check the wires to make sure their integrity hasnt been compromised.