1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

V6, P0420, DTLT and O2 sim installed... why?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by DrRabbitFurHead, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Jun 19, 2011 at 5:24 PM
    DrRabbitFurHead

DrRabbitFurHead [OP] Yeah, there's a TSB for that!

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    X-treme Off Road Edition (4x4)
    Icon Extended Travel Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Rear Leafs, M/T Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto T/G (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Aluminum Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, O2 sims, Rear Timbren's & U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Rear Axel Shims, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift with a ton of accessories, Wet Okoles, TRD bed mat, Borla Air Filter, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901 remote start, 50% tint.
    I just threw 2 codes on my 2006 TRD/OR... (both were P0420). I've been running the DTLT Headers for several months with the O2 Simulators without any issues.

The conditions tonight were dry (no rain or puddles) and I'm trying to figure out why all of a sudden I threw 2 codes tonight?

Not sure if I should be worried, thought the O2 Simulator was supposed to keep me from throwing a code.

Also, when I installed the DTLT's I installed 2 new O2 sensors. They were the same make/model as new Toyota parts (Denso IIRC) and they might have 2k miles on them.

Anyone know why I'm having this issue? Maybe just need to fill up with 93 octane and no ethanol?

Thoughts??? :confused:

2. Jun 19, 2011 at 6:35 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Fuel shouldnt make a difference. Check the wires to make sure their integrity hasnt been compromised.

Products Discussed in

To Top