Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Suggestions for first things to upgrade?

Old 06-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
LJAZ
pantherius is on a distinguished road
Name: LJ
pantherius's Tacoma Gallery
Suggestions for first things to upgrade?

Everything is stock on my 08 Tacoma double cab. I would like to increase performance and I am wondering what are the best places to start? I have had suggestions for replacing the air filter to a higher quality one, a better intake, etc.. I agree with those. Any thoughts as to what's the best way to go one piece at a time? (Not like I have thousands of dollars to kill here lol). Thanks everyone!!!
Old 06-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #2
lwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to all
lwszabo's Tacoma Gallery
Forget filters and intakes. The increase if any will be so small compared to $ spent. If you really want performance save your $ until u can buy a supercharger....TRD or URD!
Old 06-20-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Trapper6speed's Tacoma Gallery
What if the guy wants to stay natural asperated. Not air charged.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:28 PM   #4
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
exhaust
Old 06-21-2011, 06:36 AM   #5
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
For non-forced:

Air intake, catback = maybe a few HP at the top end, questionable if you'll even notice 'em. More noise though, you might think you are going faster....

MAF cali = +/- 10 HP, but only in open loop. May get a few more with a good CAI (URD AFE old-TRD).

Headers - long or short = maybe 10-15HP, where at/how much depends on whether long or short.

APR X-1 = depends on how hard it's tune, maybe more difficult to actually find one though, no support for 09+.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:22 AM   #6
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherius View Post
Everything is stock on my 08 Tacoma double cab. I would like to increase performance and I am wondering what are the best places to start? I have had suggestions for replacing the air filter to a higher quality one, a better intake, etc.. I agree with those. Any thoughts as to what's the best way to go one piece at a time? (Not like I have thousands of dollars to kill here lol). Thanks everyone!!!
Simple... AFE Stage II SI for your CAI/DTLT Headers 5/8 primaries with the O2 sensors relocated... and at least an aftermarket Exhaust Muffler of your choice... CATBACK if you prefer

This will leave you happy with gains and room for improvement if you decide to go SC/FI...

If you definately want to stay N/A.. Go URD TCAI.....
Old 06-21-2011, 10:23 AM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Save until you have thousands of dollars and then buy the supercharger since the other mods don't do much on their own.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #8
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Cool Ahh.. yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Supercharger.
of course, why not just get to the point...
Old 06-21-2011, 10:29 AM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
of course, why not just get to the point...
Pretty much. All the other mods are high RPM mods.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:36 AM   #10
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Regear!

Sorry, it's just not "that thread" without "that comment"
Old 06-21-2011, 10:43 AM   #11
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Supercharger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherius View Post
(Not like I have thousands of dollars to kill here lol). Thanks everyone!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 10:48 AM   #12
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
Ok I'll change mine to: Save until you have thousands of dollars and then buy the supercharger since the other mods don't do much on their own.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #13
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok I'll change mine to: Save until you have thousands of dollars and then buy the supercharger since the other mods don't do much on their own.
Thank you. I will now retreat back behind my rock!
Old 06-21-2011, 10:51 AM   #14
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
Thank you. I will now retreat back behind my rock!
Lol. I hope there is A/C and Xbox behind that rock.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #15
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Washington DC needs an upgrade..........
Old 06-21-2011, 11:02 AM   #16
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #17
Livin' the taco life
jcemitte is on a distinguished road

Name: Jake
jcemitte's Tacoma Gallery
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 06-24-2011, 07:06 AM   #18
LJAZ
pantherius is on a distinguished road
Name: LJ
pantherius's Tacoma Gallery
LOL wow... so many opinions! Hey, I didn't say I have NO money, and of course I will save for whatever would be best. I already read in many places that most of the modifications don't do anything so it's a waste of time and money. I was just hoping that wasn't the case
Since I didn't buy a 4wd nor did I buy the TX super edition,, there is not much I can do about that now .
I love my Toy! And if there is some work I can do on it to make it just that much better than great!

Thanks for the ideas everyone . I can always count on lots O info!
Old 06-24-2011, 07:19 AM   #19
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
AFE drop in. and then spend money on your lift and tires