Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Tailgate Gator-Saver

Old 10-13-2008, 01:04 AM   #1
Black Betty is on a distinguished road

Black Betty's Tacoma Gallery
Tailgate Gator-Saver

I found this thread on www.toyotanation.com so I though I would post it here. I have a 06 Tacoma and my tailgate is already bent a little. The problem is I already have 38k on her, I wasn’t aware of the tailgate TSB until it was too late...so I'm SOL huh...? Well maybe not, the Gator-Saver will fix the problem for sure!
Jake

NOTE: GATER SAVERS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST.

First and foremost, thank you to all of you for the inspiration and criticism in the new Tacoma Gator-Saver. For those that haven't followed the development, please read:
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=170979

To answer some questions:
1. The panel will cost $225 plus shipping for all Toyota Nation members. If I market the panel further, the pricing will most likely be higher. If you would like it Line-X'd, the cost is $315.

2. At this point all of the panels will be powdercoated 30% gloss black or available raw ($12 savings). If you plan to bedline the panel yourself, I recommend getting it powdercoated for the protection of the inside surfaces against rust and abrasion. The powdercoat finish is much like plastic. Bedlining will take up too much space behind the panel to allow for proper fitment. The bedliner will stick to the powder without issue. I will include all Stainless Steel fasteners, complete color instructions and a steel cage nut to replace the factory hardware.

3. The stock cap and panel can be modified to fit on top of the panel. More information on this can be found:
http://xhadi.net/taco

4. I will be selling the panel through the company I contract with, RoverTym Engineering (www.rovertym.com). The advantage to you is multifold. First, it allows me to offer you the protection of using a credit card. Second, RoverTym ships a great deal of product every month and our shipping rates and packaging costs are much lower than just running to a UPS store. This will insure a lower total cost for you (expect shipping to cost $30, give or take a little). Lastly, RoverTym is a well established company with much greater resources than my own. With their backing, I am able to manufacture these panels less expensively and with great efficiency and higher quality.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:18 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
the gatorsavers are definitely sweet as they can be, built awesomely too, but im not too sure if sethmark is building them anymore. i know he did group buys on them a few times, but im not sure if he will again.