LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

dynomax super turbo installed-3.4v6

Old 10-13-2008, 09:13 AM   #1
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up dynomax super turbo installed-3.4v6

got my dynomax super turbo installed on my 04 dc with the 3.4 v6. the guy cut out the old muffler and tail pipe, welded in the dynomax and new tail pipe and exhaust tip that i had left over from my dual setup i had on my previous v6. it only cost me $60 for the install.

my impression of the muffler.......i like it so far. its a rather quiet muffler(still love the flowmaster sound tho) and when you get into the throttle, it has a nice deep tone to it. its not all that aggressive either, and interior resonance isnt there really. i still gotta get out in the interstate and see how it sounds at higher rpms, but from what i can tell......gonna be a rather quiet muffler.also, it feels as if the acceleration is a tad better.........and i'll see about any mileage change later too. gonna put up pics and a sound clip later on........the wife has the camera at work with her.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:40 AM   #2
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
nice. can you tell any benefits from it yet??
Old 10-13-2008, 09:45 AM   #3
mrtrd103 will become famous soon enoughmrtrd103 will become famous soon enough

mrtrd103's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
got my dynomax super turbo installed on my 04 dc with the 3.4 v6. the guy cut out the old muffler and tail pipe, welded in the dynomax and new tail pipe and exhaust tip that i had left over from my dual setup i had on my previous v6. it only cost me $60 for the install.

my impression of the muffler.......i like it so far. its a rather quiet muffler(still love the flowmaster sound tho) and when you get into the throttle, it has a nice deep tone to it. its not all that aggressive either, and interior resonance isnt there really. i still gotta get out in the interstate and see how it sounds at higher rpms, but from what i can tell......gonna be a rather quiet muffler.also, it feels as if the acceleration is a tad better.........and i'll see about any mileage change later too. gonna put up pics and a sound clip later on........the wife has the camera at work with her.
that sound reall good. quick question i was going to get the regular dynomax wats the different between the one you got and the regular dynomax. this will go on my 94 4runner
Old 10-13-2008, 11:36 AM   #5
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
nice. can you tell any benefits from it yet??
well...butt dyno says........acel picked up a little and i'll figure out mileage after a couple of tanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtrd103 View Post
that sound reall good. quick question i was going to get the regular dynomax wats the different between the one you got and the regular dynomax. this will go on my 94 4runner
post a link to the one you are going to get..........then i can tell if there is a difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Nice Will, I had a Dynomax w/duels on my old ranger I Liked it more then i liked the truck!
well man, i have always liked flowmaster......but this sounds really nice on the tacoma, and should have a bit of performance instead of just sound.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:29 PM   #6

Thumbs up soundclip of the dynomax

here is the soundclip............its dark(just got the camera a little bit ago), but you can hear the muffler pretty good. i like it!

Old 10-13-2008, 05:12 PM   #7
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
That sounds good. You realize now that you've gone to a quiet (still sounding good) muffler,that you're getting old??
Old 10-13-2008, 05:14 PM   #8
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
wow sounds amazing will!
Old 10-13-2008, 05:28 PM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
FANTASTIC, Will! Glad you like it!!
Old 10-13-2008, 05:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
That sounds good. You realize now that you've gone to a quiet (still sounding good) muffler,that you're getting old??
yeah......i can feel it every day man!!!

i still love the flowmaster 40 sound, but i got a great deal on the muffler and install........couldnt pass it up, plus....i really like the way this muffler sounds.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
FANTASTIC, Will! Glad you like it!!
yeah man.....i was kinda unsure of how it would sound, but i really like the low tone of it alot, and performance/mileage may show a small increase also, since its a straight flow muffler. butt dyno is good, and acceleration actually feels a bit better.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:05 PM   #12
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds pretty good!
Old 10-13-2008, 10:02 PM   #13
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
yeah......i can feel it every day man!!!

i still love the flowmaster 40 sound, but i got a great deal on the muffler and install........couldnt pass it up, plus....i really like the way this muffler sounds.
Sounded good Will. Glad you like the sound. It is quieter than the flowmasters I've heard, but you know 30 is right around the corner.

The neck must be getting better if your out messing with the Toy.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4x4trd View Post
Sounded good Will. Glad you like the sound. It is quieter than the flowmasters I've heard, but you know 30 is right around the corner.

The neck must be getting better if your out messing with the Toy.
im now a definite fan of dynomax man!!! im actually kinda glad its not as loud as the flowmaster......not that it would get on my nerves, but around here where we live....everyone and their brother have a loud exhaust, and mines a little different than most i have heard.....and yeah......30 is very close!!!