LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Add Exhaust Tip or No??

Old 06-25-2011, 05:43 PM   #1
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Add Exhaust Tip or No??

first off sorry for the awful cell phone pic...

I'm wondering whether to add an exhaust tip or not. As you can see currently the tip of the pipe is super far back (pic is looking straight on) this is b/c there was a clamp on chrome tip but it was one too tight and had cracked the pipe and just overall looked awful. So i just cut it off and that is whats left. My concern is that it isn't out far enough, and with my new wicked flow muffler coming this week (yes!) it will resonate off the bed and the leaf spring bracket of the truck too much, possibly melting shit.

So how do you guys think it looks? Will it be ok or should i get a tip welded in along with the muffler?
Attached Thumbnails
Add Exhaust Tip or No??-pipe.jpg  
Old 06-25-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
just make the muffler a turn down before the axle and itll solve all your problems
Old 06-27-2011, 09:34 PM   #3
pizza is on a distinguished road

Army: 15T Blackhawk crew chief 25th ID
Name: Ryan
pizza's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
just make the muffler a turn down before the axle and itll solve all your problems
Are you dumped right now? Lol I might give that a try
Old 06-28-2011, 12:11 AM   #4
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza View Post
Are you dumped right now? Lol I might give that a try
no not right now but when i get my exhaust i will be. i used to be dumped right after the cat on my old volvo. oh man did it sounds mean
Old 06-28-2011, 10:48 AM   #5
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
ya when i get my exhaust installed tomorrow i'm going to have them dump it right over the axle. I'm afraid that doing it before the axle will make it obnoxious inside the cab...