Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Unichips Play n Play Kit

Old 12-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #81
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Best thing I can say to do, is take the UniChip off and send it to ProEfi or AEM. ProEfi, however, has the enitre ecu pinout for the '09+. The point is, that besides Unichip, there are not yet , other manufacturers that have the plugs for an '09+. So sending the UniChip to them would mean that they can make you a plug n play harness for yours. .
Old 12-21-2011, 11:00 AM   #82
novanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
novanut21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Best thing I can say to do, is take the UniChip off and send it to ProEfi or AEM. ProEfi, however, has the enitre ecu pinout for the '09+. The point is, that besides Unichip, there are not yet , other manufacturers that have the plugs for an '09+. So sending the UniChip to them would mean that they can make you a plug n play harness for yours. .

Also just called unichips again and once again I got the same guy as before and was told the same thing. Call back later he wasnt near a computer. WTF!! Seems like they only have one guy for tech support!
Old 12-21-2011, 11:30 AM   #83
Resident SUV racer
Lucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Lucario Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
That is brilliant!
Old 12-22-2011, 07:32 AM   #85
novanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well they finally made it to there computer last night. They "remapped" my unichips well actually they just threw some more fuel add it and called it a day. Will be trying to put it back in the truck after christmas and take it for a spin to check the A/F. I'm still going to get the rental tuner kit and take it the dyno shop to have them dial it in. But that wont be until after I get my tax return.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:59 AM   #86
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by novanut21 View Post
Well they finally made it to there computer last night. They "remapped" my unichips well actually they just threw some more fuel add it and called it a day. Will be trying to put it back in the truck after christmas and take it for a spin to check the A/F. I'm still going to get the rental tuner kit and take it the dyno shop to have them dial it in. But that wont be until after I get my tax return.
How can you just throw some more fuel in there, without running it on a dyno to see what the A/F does after they make these adjustments? Thats retarded, unsafe and stupid... With THAT kind of tuning you will never achieve optimal A/F ratio...
Old 12-22-2011, 10:08 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTaco View Post
How can you just throw some more fuel in there, without running it on a dyno to see what the A/F does after they make these adjustments? Thats retarded, unsafe and stupid... With THAT kind of tuning you will never achieve optimal A/F ratio...
I have a wideband O2 gauge in my truck. I assumed they would of done more than just add more fuel to the maps but I was wrong. I know that what the did was well pretty much worthless other than maybe the possibility of it not running lean anymore.(I was more or less curious to see how they were going to go about adjusting the maps without having the vehicle to test anything......was pretty much what I was expecting from there half ass tech support) But as far as trying to improve the overall tune I will be renting one of there kits and having the dyno shop ACTUALLY tune the truck.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:06 PM   #88
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by novanut21 View Post
I have a wideband O2 gauge in my truck. I assumed they would of done more than just add more fuel to the maps but I was wrong. I know that what the did was well pretty much worthless other than maybe the possibility of it not running lean anymore.(I was more or less curious to see how they were going to go about adjusting the maps without having the vehicle to test anything......was pretty much what I was expecting from there half ass tech support) But as far as trying to improve the overall tune I will be renting one of there kits and having the dyno shop ACTUALLY tune the truck.
Good luck
Old 01-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #91
harmfuljays is on a distinguished road
Marines: 1/3
Name: J
harmfuljays's Tacoma Gallery
This is a very helpful thread. I had issues with the product support for my URD MAF and was looking at going to UniChip. No wonder Gadget was so offended! Based on this thread and my past experience with the MAF sensor maybe I just leave the ECU alone.....

Thanks for the info and please keep us updated.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #93

Sorry guys no updates taco mods have been put on hold I'm in the process of buying another vehicle. I do still plan on attempting to get the unichips tuned. So just bare with me. Will post pics of new ride when its arrives.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #95
on idiot patrol ;)
SCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Firefighter
Name: Stephan
SCFirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyJ33 View Post
Subbed. Just bought a used Unichip and interested to see if it's worth trying to get it tuned in for my truck. I'm in Mississippi so there's no tuners within 500 miles of me.
Yup, same here in SC. I just got a unit from someone. Unfortunately I have to shell out $270 extra to get the pnp harness that fits my 2010. That sucks.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:12 AM   #96
Geaux Tigers
BradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brad
BradleyJ33's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah this one is for 05-08 trucks also, I didn't realize when I bought it that I'd need a different harness. I think I may try to sell this one to somebody with an 05-08 and pick up one for an 09+ whenever one comes up for sale. I'm buying sliders and getting headlights retrofitted right now, so might be better to sell this one now and wait a while anyway!