Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Unichips Play n Play Kit

Old 06-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #1
novanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
novanut21's Tacoma Gallery
Unichips Play n Play Kit

Is anyone running the unichip plug n play kit on the 09+ 4.0 V6w/ TRD supercharger and re-flash?
Old 06-26-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Well not exactly what you are looking for but Broken Tusk has the Unichip in his truck.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:42 PM   #4
Night is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Night's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Well not exactly what you are looking for but Broken Tusk has the Unichip in his truck.
arent they trash?
Old 06-26-2011, 10:25 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night View Post
arent they trash?
No. Unichip is the brand of a piggyback computer like the APR X1.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:54 PM   #7
novanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well couldnt get ahold of gadget at URD I tried for 3days to ask about there MAF sensor calibrator. So I called up Unichips and ordered there plug and play kit w/ the TRD supercharger and re-flash.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:57 PM   #8
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by novanut21 View Post
Well couldnt get ahold of gadget at URD I tried for 3days to ask about there MAF sensor calibrator. So I called up Unichips and ordered there plug and play kit w/ the TRD supercharger and re-flash.
Sweet! Let us know how well it works.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:11 AM   #9
bcroach78 is on a distinguished road
Army: EOD
bcroach78's Tacoma Gallery
you will have a better chance getting a hold of gadget on xr-underground. Like the guy above me said, let us know how the unichip works. Any chance of you getting dyno runs before and after the install? I know its a pain and will cost some cash but it would help the rest of TW out in the long run.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #10
ERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
ERIC's Tacoma Gallery
I hope it works better with a S/C and on the 4.0L then mine. I didnt notice much a difference except for a smoother acceleration and better throttle response.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:17 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcroach78 View Post
you will have a better chance getting a hold of gadget on xr-underground. Like the guy above me said, let us know how the unichip works. Any chance of you getting dyno runs before and after the install? I know its a pain and will cost some cash but it would help the rest of TW out in the long run.

I'll have to look into xr-underground. I still have some question for him. I have thought about doing the dyno runs. I have found a shop in PA. I asked them about doing some runs. And they wanted to know what I had. So I told him and his response was uhh why would you want to make a toyota fast of course these guys are pretty biased they cater to mainly chevys and fords. But it comes down to having time to get it done. Works great until it cuts into you fun time!
Old 08-12-2011, 10:33 AM   #12

UPDATE!

I got my unichips in but I had to get these installed first. I just got it back from the shop.

Now I need to get my Wide Band O2 & Boost Gauge installed. Before I put in the Unichips so I can get a base line for how its running now rich or lean and then after I install the Unichips.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:35 AM   #13
Banned
Very nice man. Depending on how things pan out I may go with boost soon so I would need some kind of fuel management if I want to go with a smaller pulley on the SC.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:38 AM   #14
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Did the JBA headers come with the cross over pipe or was that done custom. Second question, If the headers did come with the cross over pipe, does it hang below the cross member? I have skids it would need to clear.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Did the JBA headers come with the cross over pipe or was that done custom. Second question, If the headers did come with the cross over pipe, does it hang below the cross member? I have skids it would need to clear.

No the headers are welded to the front cats. The crossover pipe you speak of is part of the URD Y-pipe. The cross over pipe is almost even with the bottom of the cross member. I would say clearance would be very tight with a skid.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:03 AM   #16

Quote:
Very nice man. Depending on how things pan out I may go with boost soon so I would need some kind of fuel management if I want to go with a smaller pulley on the SC.

Thanks man! Yeah I have looked into the smaller 2.85" pulley that looks like a stock 3.00" Just havent pulled the trigger on it yet
Old 08-12-2011, 11:08 AM   #18
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by novanut21 View Post
Thanks man! Yeah I have looked into the smaller 2.85" pulley that looks like a stock 3.00" Just havent pulled the trigger on it yet
Skip it and go with the 2.7" pulley.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:21 AM   #19

Quote:
Quote:
Skip it and go with the 2.7" pulley.

Haha, It would be nice but having to send off and have the snout supercharger milled down makes me a little nervous. Plus your gonna need more fuel upgrades and a re-flash of the unichips.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:23 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
ahhh damn... I'll just go with the pipe bomb when I can. Good looking setup you got there.
Yeah I agree pipe bomb would definately be the better choice. Thanks man.