Tomorrow night I plan to install my new Hawk ceramic brake pads and new Powerslot slotted rotors. I've created this thread so that when I run into problems tomorrow night hopefully I'll have answers. I've read some write-ups and watched a few videos and I think I have a general idea of the entire process. I do have a few questions though:
1. Do I need to take off the master cylinder cap?
1. If I do take off the master cylinder cap so the fluid level can rise when I compress my pistons, will air get into my lines?
2. By removing this master cylinder cap, is this going to prevent potential problems with damaging the ABS?
1. Remove clips and pins
2. remove master cylinder cap
3. slowly pry back pistons with old pads in using a screw driver
4. take out old pads
5. insert new pads (grease the back of the pads)
6. install the pins and clips
Am I forgetting anything?