LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

CAI that works with AFE Pro Dry S Filter

Old 10-14-2008, 08:38 AM   #1
billabonghotrod is on a distinguished road
billabonghotrod's Tacoma Gallery
CAI that works with AFE Pro Dry S Filter

I am looking to get a CAI. I have been looking at the AFE stage 2 cold air intake because they come with the pro dry filter and its only 220$. I have heard that this intake may cause a rattling noise sometimes. If this is not a good intake to get what others can i choose that with still work with the pro dry filter?
Old 10-14-2008, 08:43 AM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
URD uses a conical AFE filter.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:11 AM   #3
the only thing i dont like about the urd intake is the filter being in front of the radiator. I dont think it would look good once I got a mesh grill.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:44 AM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by billabonghotrod View Post
the only thing i dont like about the urd intake is the filter being in front of the radiator. I dont think it would look good once I got a mesh grill.
you have a point there. People get the black intake tubing and then a black drycharger (filter cover) to camouflage it.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:02 AM   #5
is a conical filter the same thing as the pro dry s filter? does it require any oiling or does it clean like the pro dry?
Old 10-14-2008, 11:07 AM   #6
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I think they're the same, but I don't know.

You are never supposed to oil the filter. They want you to put it in a bucket and wash it.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:15 AM   #7
Nor*Cal
norcalbb11 has a spectacular aura aboutnorcalbb11 has a spectacular aura about

norcalbb11's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to norcalbb11 Send a message via Yahoo to norcalbb11
i have the airaid CAI can you put a dry filter on it?
Old 10-14-2008, 11:29 AM   #8
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalbb11 View Post
i have the airaid CAI can you put a dry filter on it?
probably, you just have to make sure to get a similarly sized one. Ideally, I would try to get about the same surface area as your current one.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:35 AM   #9
Nor*Cal

yeah thats what i was thinking ill shop around and see, i dont like the oil, thanks man
Old 10-14-2008, 11:52 AM   #10
hey norcal, do you have an aftermarker muffler or exhaust with your intake. if so does it sound good and do you get a decent performance gain?
Old 10-14-2008, 12:25 PM   #11
Nor*Cal

i have the flowmaster 40 series and it sounds badass and get a lot of compliments and i think it has better throttle response and more power but everyone is different, i think it was well worth it

Products Discussed in this Thread