Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Different type of lift?

Old 06-29-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
rhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Robert
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
Different type of lift?

Good Day,

I would like to 'lift' my truck. I was told there was two types of lifts. One to put on larger tires and one that gives the truck more clearance. Also what would you all say is the average lift. I was thinking 3 or 4".

Thanks for any advise.

Rob

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 06-29-2011, 12:51 PM   #2
Does this look like spit to you?
Large Farva will become famous soon enough

Name: Who's Barry Badrinath?
Large Farva's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on what you wanna spend... I'd go with either suspension lift or spindle lift since you have 2wd. Suspension is the way to go if you wanna spend the $$$
Old 06-29-2011, 12:51 PM   #3
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-29-2011, 12:52 PM   #4
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
CO's
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/9504donahoetacoma.htm

UCA's
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/9504camburgcotaco.htm

Springs
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/9504t...eafsprings.htm
Old 06-29-2011, 12:52 PM   #5
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyScottETC View Post

Well fricken said!
Old 06-29-2011, 12:57 PM   #6
rhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
I am new to 4X4 and using the search only helps if you know what you are looking for!!!

What do I type (different type of lifts).
Old 06-29-2011, 01:02 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Billstein 5100s for the front and your choice of Billstein 5125 or 5150 shocks with either a AAL, block or full leaf pack in the rear. Fairly cheap if you go 5215 with a AAL or block in the rear. There is also Fox, Icon, Craptech(Fabtech), Pro Comp, King, SAW and Toytech. There are also spacer lifts but they are trash.

Read: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...uide-read.html
Old 06-29-2011, 01:05 PM   #9
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks.
I will read up on those. It was spacer lifts that they were trying to sell me.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:28 PM   #10
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhowell View Post
I am new to 4X4 and using the search only helps if you know what you are looking for!!!

What do I type (different type of lifts).

Old 06-29-2011, 04:13 PM   #11
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks,

That was a funny response. Hope it did not waste too much of your time.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:34 PM   #12

I figure it would pay off, I can probably use it at least once a day every day until the internet explodes.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #13
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
In your attempt to pwn the noob you actually answered the question. Surprising. That usually doesn't happen... Not sure if I like your style yet, but it definitely is effective.

Welcome to TW rhowell!
Old 06-29-2011, 04:41 PM   #14
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
i plan on "leveling" my truck with billy 5100 on my stock coils in the next 6 months. past that would be an AAL (add a leaf) or different leaf pack for the rear entirely as whippersnapper said. . . though many will advise if you lift it much past 1.75 in the front, aftermarket coils and UCA's should be in your budget to help you keep alignment. also, since you said you're new to 4x4 (and im gonna assume possibly these trucks in general) i'll go ahead and tell you that once you AAL you will probably want better rear shocks so it wont be so stiff in the back.