Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Does this actually work and provide more hp and mpg

Old 06-29-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
TRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
TRDChris's Tacoma Gallery
Does this actually work and provide more hp and mpg

I've always wondered if performance chips really do increase hp and mpg... can anyone give me some input on this matter
http://www.gfchips.com/toyotatacoma.aspx
Old 06-29-2011, 04:20 PM   #2
Fenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenrisulfr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fenrisulfr's Tacoma Gallery
If it is too good to be true, it probably is.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:00 PM   #3
Creeper
DanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
DanglingFury's Tacoma Gallery
I don't mean to be a dick but this a total gimmick and you'd be a blind fool to not be able to see that. Then again.. They say they have applications for ferraris and Bugattis...
Old 06-29-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Ummmm really?
Old 06-29-2011, 05:15 PM   #5
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
I did some web searching on this product and topic awhile back.

Funny, they say your engine isn't making as much power because of the emissions regulations that don't optimize power, yet they then claim by optimizing power the emissions will drop 25-40%.

This product relies strictly on testimonial evidence. I'm live in Boulder, and one of the testimonials is from Kerry Brown, owner of a large Boulder courier service. I don't find such a courier service in Boulder. Because it's made up.

You can get a chip for the GM EV-1? How are they optimizing the fuel mix on an all electric? Whoever is making up the list of cars just doesn't know when to stop.

Then I found this fake chip testing site.

http://www.performancechips.com/perf...p-reviews.html

I would bet money that this site was created by SLR Performance Chips to look like a legitimate independent test site. They have claims of testing some 62 chips on 8 difference vehicles.

The results, SLR Performance chips for the same 69.99 averaged 36HP and 5-6 mpg.

But then almost all of the other ones were either no gain, slight gain, or big time loss. Gotta make it look like this is legit.

That site also found the GF Performance Chip lost 8-15 HP and 3-10 mpg!

Do some searching on the SLR Chip and you will find many disappointed customers that say it did nothing.

Try getting your money back if you aren't satisfied. I can guarantee 100% dissatisfaction.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #6
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Ummmm really?
Shh.... His psyche can't handle what you will say.

Long story short: These things DO NOT WORK
Old 06-29-2011, 05:22 PM   #7
Taco.Tim is on a distinguished road

Name: Tim
Taco.Tim's Tacoma Gallery
Ummmmm. No.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:24 PM   #8
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
What the hell are you guys talking about?
I have one of these, and i gained all 60 hp.
It comes with a sticker that does all the work!
Old 06-29-2011, 05:26 PM   #9
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
What the hell are you guys talking about?
I have one of these, and i gained all 60 hp.
It comes with a sticker that does all the work!
I was about to put a sticker on your truck today...
Old 06-29-2011, 05:26 PM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post

Then I found this fake chip testing site.

http://www.performancechips.com/perf...p-reviews.html
I submitted a review.

I love how they rate the real products really low.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:29 PM   #11
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
I was about to put a sticker on your truck today...
Were you over there today?
Should have stopped in.
It better have been a TW sticker!
Old 06-30-2011, 12:39 AM   #13
TRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
TRDChris's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys for the advice I was curious to know what they were about... i figured it was to goo to be true lol
Old 06-30-2011, 09:17 AM   #15
pootermobile is on a distinguished road

pootermobile's Tacoma Gallery
Anything that claims those kind of hp gains from a 2 wire device that only plugs into the Intake Air Temperature sensor cannot be possible. It would have to be something that piggybacks the ecu or reflashes it. And my brother got a similar device for his mustang(ebay for like $20) and how its supposed to work in theory is: its send the ecu signals saying that the intake air temp is cold(like at startup) and thus sends more fuel to the engine to warm it up faster. More fuel all the time equals more fasterer.......right? All in all it don't work!
Old 06-30-2011, 09:28 AM   #16
mjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: National Strike Force
mjohn617's Tacoma Gallery
I checked out one of the sites, it says anyone can install it. Maybe I will let my wife do it for me
Old 06-30-2011, 09:33 AM   #17
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
This appears to be another "As seen on tv" piece of crap. Stay far away.

Except for the Snuggie... That's frickin' genius!
Old 06-30-2011, 09:38 AM   #18
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
"TOYOTA TACOMA's engine bay and is connected via 2 wires that plug into the IAT sensor"

2 Wires? and it reprograms the ECU. Bullshit!. Its the same resistor in line with a sensor crap that every shitty ebay peddler is selling. complete waste of time. Funny how they show an IC as the picture.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:42 AM   #19
thainess is on a distinguished road
thainess's Tacoma Gallery
if the actual cost of the item is $399 and sell it to you onsale for $69 i would say those kinds of deals for something real do not exist
Old 06-30-2011, 09:43 AM   #20
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner View Post
better mileage if you keep you led foot out of it.
Fixed