Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

S/C for 08 2.7 L

Old 10-14-2008, 05:04 PM   #1
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
S/C for 08 2.7 L

guys, got an email back today from one of the guys at Alpine developments. they said that they are currently in the process of making a S/C kit for the 2008 toyota tacoma 2.7 L available within the next two months. So theres some good news for all of the 2.7 I4 owners out there seeking more power.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:08 PM   #2
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Do they give discounts to people who really want it, but have no money?
Old 10-14-2008, 05:10 PM   #3
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HAHA um i dont know yet. if you want i could ask
Old 10-14-2008, 05:12 PM   #4
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
HAHA um i dont know yet. if you want i could ask
Sure! I'd be more than happy to install it and run it around and give them feedback. I just can't leave Texas.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:13 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Thats GREAT!! Alpine makes a Quality SC! I ran one on my 2000 for 90,000+ miles with NO problems other than tires going up in smoke.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:14 PM   #6

yeah i would love to do some test runs on it for them as well. but i dont know how much itll be yet. i hope it wont be too expensive.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Thats GREAT!! Alpine makes a Quality SC! I ran one on my 2000 for 90,000+ miles with NO problems other than tires going up in smoke.
bout how much did yours cost. and did it include all the necessary componets??
Old 10-14-2008, 05:20 PM   #8
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
yeah i would love to do some test runs on it for them as well. but i dont know how much itll be yet. i hope it wont be too expensive.
You MAY be able to work a deal on it from them in exchange for your testing and input. I worked a deal out with them when the developed the SC for the earlier 2.7. Me, Nuke, and another guy on TTORA each had a different type. Nuke's involved useing a spacer in the head to de compress the engine a bit, but allowed much higher boost. He was putting down 200 h.p. iirc. Mine was a 6. psi unit, and I did my own fuel mod, and was putting down 168, with headers and exuast. My truck was a little weak from the factory, and Im sure that with more tweaking, I could have put down more, but I was quite satisfied with my performance.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:29 PM   #9
Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
You MAY be able to work a deal on it from them in exchange for your testing and input.
That is great news. How much does your mileage suffer (under normal driving, no heavy footing)?
Old 10-14-2008, 10:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
That is great news. How much does your mileage suffer (under normal driving, no heavy footing)?
I saw no changbe when driveing normally. Even when I would get on it, I dont think my milage dropped below 20 mpg's.