Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Seafoamed the 4cyl...

Old 10-14-2008, 08:11 PM   #1
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Seafoamed the 4cyl...

And wow. What a difference! It idles sooo much smoother now. I'll see what the improvement is in the fuel mileage. I recommend it to anyone approaching the 90k mark.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:14 PM   #2
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
Seafoam is the greatest fuel system cleaner ever!!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 08:21 PM   #4
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Yeh it smoked pretty bad! Say goodbye to all the power robbing carbon! I was just totally blown away by how something so simple made the truck run so much better
Old 10-14-2008, 08:21 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i absolutely love seafoam!!! it really does make a difference in the idle and acceleration on a car or truck....and if you have mosquitos........not after the seafoam you dont!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 08:23 PM   #6
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
Yeh it smoked pretty bad! Say goodbye to all the power robbing carbon! I was just totally blown away by how something so simple made the truck run so much better
hey man...your mileage will increase too bud. i did it on my tacoma and the wifes honda accord....she was getting 32 mpg, then i seafoamed and now shes up to 36 in the accord!!! it was with a spark plug change too, but i know the seafoam had alot to do with it...always does!
Old 10-14-2008, 08:26 PM   #7
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Yeh, ive been average 21 in town with my 2rz. I'll let ya'll know tomorrow what im getting after the seafoam!
Old 10-15-2008, 11:51 AM   #8
hate2work will become famous soon enoughhate2work will become famous soon enough
hate2work's Tacoma Gallery
I've read that you're supposed to change your oil and filter when you're done. If that's true, I'd wait until the oil was dirty before I did the Seafoam treatment.

Youtube has several videos of people Seafoaming their rigs
Old 10-15-2008, 11:52 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2work View Post
I've read that you're supposed to change your oil and filter when you're done. If that's true, I'd wait until the oil was dirty before I did the Seafoam treatment.

Youtube has several videos of people Seafoaming their rigs
its probably best to, so it doesnt contaminate the oil.........but i doubt too much will get into the oil anyway.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:29 PM   #10
papabear050 will become famous soon enough
papabear050's Tacoma Gallery
automobile holy water.... I just hate that it smokes sooo bad for so long!!! It's hard to find a place where the smoke won't annoy and bother other people.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:30 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabear050 View Post
automobile holy water.... I just hate that it smokes sooo bad for so long!!! It's hard to find a place where the smoke won't annoy and bother other people.
yeah....my neighbors dont like it that much...so they just go inside....but then again...when its done, no mosquitos for a while!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 01:14 PM   #12
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Haha, the wind was blowing 30mph, i dont think the neighbors cared! Well, i got a improvement of about +1mpg better!
Old 10-15-2008, 01:40 PM   #13
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
I Seafoamed my Tacoma and it threw a CEL, but that cleared itself up after about two or three starts. Smoked out the woods next door pretty well!

Funny thing though, I ran it through the brake booster hose on my GFs Ford Probe, did it just like I did the Taco, let it sit for 5 or 6 minutes, started the engine. Not one bit of smoke came out the exhaust. It isn't pooled in the hose so it had to go somewhere! Just weird it didn't smoke at all.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:13 PM   #14
papabear050 will become famous soon enough
papabear050's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
I

Funny thing though, I ran it through the brake booster hose on my GFs Ford Probe,
Man is that your GF in your Sig... becuzz if it is.... you one lucky bastard if you get to Probe her Ford.

And if it didn't smoke, you probably did it wrong.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:19 PM   #15
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Quote:
Originally Posted by papabear050 View Post
Man is that your GF in your Sig... becuzz if it is.... you one lucky bastard if you get to Probe her Ford.

And if it didn't smoke, you probably did it wrong.
LOL nope, that ain't her. Mine still says "you post you die" when it comes to pictures. I'm still working on her.

I've Seafoamed several vehicles, I thought the same thing (I must have done it wrong) so I did it a second time. Still no smoke. It was for sure the hose to the brake booster and it went straight to the intake manifold. I'm thinking I'll try it one more time this coming weekend. Odd for sure, even if everything was shiny new clean in there the Seafoam itself should have smoked some.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:39 PM   #16
Primer88 is on a distinguished road
Primer88's Tacoma Gallery
I've noticed seafoam won't produce much if any smoke if the engine is pretty clean to begin with. I seafoamed my current car twice within a couple weeks and the second time didn't smoke hardly at all. The first time it smoked for a good 20 min.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:30 AM   #17
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
so do you have to chang the spark plugs too? or is it just the oil i should be concerned about?
Old 12-24-2008, 09:05 PM   #18
Primer88 is on a distinguished road
Primer88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
so do you have to chang the spark plugs too? or is it just the oil i should be concerned about?
you shouldn't have any problems with the oil unless you add the seafoam to the oil directly. Changing the spark plugs is suggested but not absolutely necessary, just make sure you check them after you run the seafoam. If they look fine you should be alright.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:59 AM   #19
cajuntaco is on a distinguished road

cajuntaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have 20k+ on my 08 and I seafoam it every oil change usually right after or in the middle, or before I go on a long trip (2+ hours or so) and let everything get good and hot. Also a tidbit of info my uncle owns a boat repair shop and he recommends it to all his costumers.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:59 AM   #20
cajuntaco is on a distinguished road

cajuntaco's Tacoma Gallery
Oh a buddy of mine does claim it killed his chainsaw!