Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Air in-take

Old 10-15-2008, 10:56 AM   #1
EGtaco is on a distinguished road
EGtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Air in-take

I was looking at the after market air in takes and was wondering the pros and cons. I stopped by a truck shop and he said that you can expect 1-2 mile increase in MPG. Sounds good to me but can anyone verify this?

I like the idea that you do not have to replace the air filter like you normally do. All you do is wash it yourself and let it dry. I drive a lot (2000 miles a month) and when you pay $25 for a new air filter the thing will pay for itself in a couple of years.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:40 PM   #2
08BlueTaco is on a distinguished road
08BlueTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like your MPG went down because of the sweet sound lol.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:04 PM   #3
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08BlueTaco View Post
Sounds like your MPG went down because of the sweet sound lol.

I did the deckplate mod on mine, a proven HP adder. Also blocked off the resonators on the intake hose.

But my MPG went down for exactly that reason!

BTW...Welcome to TW!